Chapter 38, The big reveal

Start from the beginning

"JUST TELL US!" Blake and I yell simultaneously.

We look at each other for a split second before glaring back at the doctor.

"Lynch is alive, but... he isn't waking up... I did all I can. It's up to him now if he gets out of that coma," the doctor explains.

Blake nods. "Call in one of your nurses to stay here until Lynch is awake and better. You may go," Blake dismisses.

"I can't do this anymore..." Jessy whispers when the doctor walks out.

I turn to my cousin. "What do you mean?" I ask her.

Her brown eyes turn hard when she looks back at me with... with hate... "I didn't want this, Amber!" she exclaims, "I left the gang-life because I didn't want the emotional stress! Liam almost died! Lynch is in a coma! Why did you drag me back in?" Jessy starts to cry.

"I... I'm sorry, Jessy," I whisper back.

"No, you're not, Amber! You like it. The danger. It's a big thrill isn't it?" Jessy cries.

I don't take anything she says to heart, because I know she's just upset about Liam almost dying. She's hurting and I'll be her punching bag when she needs it.

"Can someone take me home?" Jessy suddenly says and turns around.

The twins immediately jump up and offer her a ride and... and then she's out of the house.

"I can't face her any time soon," I silently admit because in a way, she is right.

I didn't listen to Mysterious Fucker not to go... I didn't try hard enough to stay away from the gangs. Maybe that's because my parents were in a gang and whether I knew it or not, that part of me was drawn to it. And... And I dragged my cousin in after she left with a valid reason... I'm not gold at all... I'm fake... Plastic... Rubbish...

"You can stay here for the night," Blake offers.

I look up and I think he must see the gratitude, because he hands me a small smile. And I've never seen anything so real from Blake beside when he cried while Lynch's hair got shaved.

Lynch...

"Thanks," I reply.

"You guys can stay as well," Blake tells the East. "This doesn't make us less enemies, but... but with the amount of people we got down, it might be safer. The North has finally decided to crawl out of their hole..."

Owen nods - his face bruised and purple, and Calvin suddenly jumps up to show Owen and Sean where they can stay.

"Jack, can you find one of Lynch's phones? I think it would be nice if you message his mum. She's allowed to get her phone on Sunday's and according to the time... It's 3 AM, so she should get it in a few hours," Blake orders.

Jack nods before disheartening and I turn back to Blake.

"Lynch has two phones?" I ask.

"Yeah," Blake answers.

I go cold all over. Lynch could seriously be Mysterious Fucker... It's official now. Usually Mysterious Fucker would reassure me or message me by now, but... But Lynch is in a coma so that explains why the unknown number has gone quiet and if Lynch has two phones...

Lynch is Mysterious Fucker.

"I... I need to see him..." I admit to Blake. Both because I've found the person that's secretly been trying to help me and also because I walked out of the room as soon as the doctor started shaving Lynch's galaxy hair.