Roommates And Old Friends

Start from the beginning

"Why are you two even in here?" Kara pouted like a child who hadn't gotten the gift she had spent months asking for on Christmas morning. 

"Because this was my room first Kara!" Alex replied. 

"This is getting way too childish." (Y/n) sighed, as soon as they had entered the house Alex and Kara had seemed to regress back to childhood and it was wearing thin, it was cute for about five minutes now she wanted to throw a pillow at each of them and keep the room to herself. 

"Tell her." Alex shot. 

"No, tell her (Y/n)." Kara squealed. 

"You two suck, shut up and go to sleep." (Y/n) snapped finally when she couldn't take anymore. 

The silence settled around them, the soft nighttime sound from the open window filled the room around them lulling away any unease and anger, a gentle breeze of soft smelling cologne that belonged exclusively to Mother Nature soothed them.

"Is it really obvious to everyone that I like Lena?" Kara suddenly asked softly to no one in particular. 

"Yeah, it is." (Y/n) replied a smile on her face. 

"But she is dating that Bruce guy."

"So she isn't married to him, tell her how you feel."

"Is that really the best advice (Y/n)" Alex asked cautiously, it seemed far too liberal for her, anyone who wasn't married was fair game for anyone, did that mean she felt the same about them? her insecurities reared their ugly heads again, ruining everything she had worked to keep. 

"Well it's better than waiting for the wedding right, no one wants that drama, I already look around when the priest guy says Is there anyone who objects, speak now or forever hold their peace." (Y/n) shrugged wondering whether she had seen one too many movies in her life, if she was waiting for the dramatic moment even during a wedding, or maybe it was something that happened to everyone. 

"I just think this is a really dangerous line to walk down." Alex chose her words carefully. "That means we're all up for grabs unless we have a ring on our fingers, and relationships should be a little more complex than that, a little bit more committed."

"What are you talking about I'm telling Kara to say how she feels now before all legal stuff happens and you are going off on some strange road only you seem to be on."

"I just want to be clear that marriage isn't the only thing that should keep us faithful and devoid of that available label."

(Y/n) frowned, her eyes now on the almost silhouetted figure of Alex, her eyes lit partially by the moon that sneaked through the window, she was looking up at the ceiling a worried expression on her face, suddenly it clicked, How can she still think this?

She leaned closer to her hoping Kara was not engaged in her super hearing. "Stop thinking negative things, this only applies to these two because Lena is in love with Kara too."

What!" Alex almost shouted she had never seen this coming. 

"Yeah what!" Kara screamed unbelievingly. 

"Oh for fuck's sake, is there no privacy around here anymore?"

"There never really was." Alex chuckled. 

"She loves me?"

Trying to shrug off the knowledge that Lena was going to kill her in a very slow and very painful way, and she could, she could invent something that would do the trick. "Err yeah, but she has never told me I just know her."