"So now we're going to kill yours." she finished, confirming my fears. That was when they attacked. Faye let out a screech before flinging several vampires off her back. Already blood was running down her cheeks. I snarled, as  the five vampires approached me. Turning my makeshift club in hand, I swung with full force, knocking three of them at least five feet back. Euphoria rushed  through my veins. That was surprisingly easy. Turns out, I had thought to soon, because in almost no time they were back on their feet  and had jumped onto my back, sinking their teeth into my skin.

I let out a roar before flinging them off of me. My training was slowly coming back to mind. There were three effective ways to kill a vampire. One, a stake to the heart. Swiftly, i broke my club on my knee, leaving me splinters of jagged-edged stakes. Without hesitation, i stuck the piece into a viscious blonde approached me. She instantly turned a greyish hue before falling lifelesly to the ground. I turned to the others. it was easier this time, to stake these vampires. Something at the back of mind was telling me this was all to easy, but I ignored the thought. 

Glancing behind me, I saw that Carlos and Faye had taken the hint and were rapidly assasinating the vampires. Adrenaline rushed through my veins as I quickly killed them off. This was way too easy. Bodies fell lifelessly to the floor, all grey, all dead. They hardly got anything on us at all.  I raised my stake, the last one I had, ready to stab a female vampire in her heart. That was when she stoppped me.

'WAIT. " she pleaded. I paused , meeting her clear brown eyes for a second. She was on her knees, looking incredibly human. she was smeared in blood.  All my hunting instincts went out the window. What if she was different? What if she was a newly-turned vampire? What if they all were not bad? 

She sprung at me, effectivily sinking her claws into my skin. I groaned in pain, reeling back from her strength. Befor I could recover three more vampires had sprung and threw me to the ground. I roared in pain, now having deep gashes across my chest. The female vampire smirked down at me.

"I can't believe you actually fell for that-" she started condescendingly, but she was soon cut off by a stake to the heart. I watched her emotionless body fall with a thud. Carlos puled me swiftly up and I sent him a grateful nod. we continued our fight. I didn't know where the appointed leaders were. For some reason they were not fighting. Yet. I growled as I sped through the hordes coming at me. they wer an easy kill. surprise at me lack of emotion as I fought  was simply an ingrained instinct I had been taught from my youth. Faye and Carlos folllowd suit, easily killing them off with hardly a gash or cut to spare. Soon enough we were down to at least three.

They went easily.

moments later, which felt like forever, I looked around at the forest beds, seeing nothing but hordes of vampires-all dead masses of grey piled upon each other. i was breathing heavily, as adrenaline poured off my body. Where were they? Why were they cowarding out? I was ready.

"COME ONN!"  I roared suddenly, slightly startling faye and carlos beside me. By now, we were all bloody, but we were all ready. I looked up at the shifting sky with a startling shock. It was no longer a navy blue but a greyish pale colour. i noted with slight surpirse that, dawn was approaching. The sunlight was nearing, and by then, our Angelwolf powers would wear off. Would the last remaining three have enough strength to fight? I knew they would have daylight rings, but the sunlight made them weak still. I scanned the rainforests, using my heightened Angelwolf vision. i could see the outline of every leaf, smudge of every bark, and if i looked closer, I could make out the insides. My heartbeat pounded through my body like the beat of bass drum. where were those cowards?

"We are right here, Raphael. are you ready to burn?" I glanced to my left, only to see the three emerging from the trees. They smirked with primal expressions and fear slithered down my spine; but that wasn't what made me afraid. Behind the blonde-haired vampire was a trailing rope, hissing in the grass, sizzling as it went. The rope was alight with fire, and leaving a clear trail in the grass. the vampire sped up, and circled us, enflaming us with fire. Faye shifted towards me, fear in her eye. We were trapped.

The vampire dropped the rope and turned to face us. The three of them stood outside of the ring of fire, smirking in delight.. I set my jaw trying to hold in my anger. This was what they had been doing with those easy-to-kill leeches. stalling us. simply stalling us. Faye latched on to my arm.

'Raph What are we gonna do/' she mindlinked to me in earnest. I felt my blood heaten. I clenched my fists. bared my teeth.

The second way to kill a vampire?

Burn them alive. Already a plan was forming in my mind. Faye and carlos got the message quickly, as we stood retreating from the sizzling flames that easily caught onto the grass, trapping us further and further inside the circle. Faye bravely stepped forward, and stared the blonde vampire deeply in the eye. Without a show of pain, she dug into her arm fiercely, letting loose a flow of blood. There was a wide gash in her arm now and the blood flowed heavily and thickly down her arm, down her body, onto the grass. The vampires had enough restraint to ignore the other minor cuts we had. They coudl never ignore this. 

Carlos and i followed suit. 

I watched their features change swiftly. I could tell that it was taking everything in them to fight the desire. The craving. For blood. The bloodlust. Veins stretched across their white faces, blue and green in colour. They snarled, eyes reddening and fists clenching. They couldn't hold it anymore. They sprung.

Horrifying screeches lifted in the air, as the vampires jumped directly into the flames. Trying to get to us. Their bodies quickly blackened as they sped away writhing and tjrashing wildly. The simple solution for Faye, Carlos and I would be to jump into the waterfall. We would make it with our speed before any damage was done. The vamoies could make it also, but water was like a vampire repellant.. 

i met eyes with my friends before we jumped. We could do this. I closed my eyes as we sprung. I barely felt the heat of the flames as we jumped. our limbs were quickly dispersed in the cool water. i floated downwards, feeling the shift wear off. Feeling my wounds heal with the rising sun. No burn marks would imaple our skins, as another benefit of being a werewolf was our powers of healing. 

I rose from the water, shaking my hair. I looked around and saw Faye and carlos beside me. The sun was out, warming our backs. we were not angelwolves or werewolves now. We were simply in our human form. I looked on in despair at the blackened grasses of Deregu. The vampires had all burned in the fire, all of them leaving crate-fulls of ashes. The despair and misery was overwhelming me. I was afraid for Peyton. I was saddened by the state of our waterfall. Our home.  Just as I was about to leave the water, my eyes landed on a falling figure from the cliffs above.

I felt like someone had thrust a knife into my heart.

Falling swiftly from above, was Peyton Clarke. 

What was worse...she looked dead.

**************************************************************************************************************

A/N : VOTE YOU GUYS! PLEASE VOTE!! VOTE RIGHT NOW!