Untitled Part 4

Tony wasn't sure what to do. 

Peter had woken from his nap asking for Pepper again, Tony knew that Peter was getting increasingly more and more frustrated at not seeing her when he asked but Tony knew she was in a meeting. She wouldn't finish for another hour and Peter was not waiting for that. The toddler had begged, pleaded, cried and had a flat out tantrum to have Pepper or at least hear her voice and Tony was willing to hack in just to get him to calm down. But he knew better.

"Peter. I know you're frustrated, I know you want Pepper but I can't just-" Peter gave another heart and soul crushing sob and looked at the man with tear filled doe eyes from his spot in the walker.

"'epper" He plea's and Tony sighs shaking his head.

"I can't Peter, She's really busy right now. I promise in one hour I will call Pepper and we can say h-" Peter whimpered again.

"Wan' Mama" He said clearly and snapped his mouth shut, raising his hands to his mouth his face blazed in embarrassment. Tony felt his heart stop and immediately got his phone out, snapping a picture before gathering the boy in his arms and hugging him.

"Oh Pete, I think she'd love to hear you say that." Tony mummers into his hair and Peter relaxes into him. "I promise an hour ok? Until then me and you can urm....do some arts and crafts." He suggests watching Peter's nose crinkle he tries to save it. "Not the baby stuff like putting your hands in paint and making hand prints, though I do want to do that too- I mean making things like slime or houses out of felt or masks?" Peter looked intrigued and he grinned a bit. "Could make a mask for Clint to say your sorry about yesterday?" He asks and Peter immediately nods. "Cool I'll get the supplies and then get the table ready. You....practice walking" He says smiling and putting him back in the walker. Peter whines loudly and huffs a little as Tony walks off.

'How do I get out of this?' He wonders to him self and manages to walk towards his old bedroom. The walker unfortunately was too big to get through the door, Peter tried though. He pushed and pulled and struggled to get in and all it got was a camera flash and Tony cooing at him.

"Oh Pete look at you." He coo'd turning Peter's walker around and crouching down in front of him he pinches the boys cheeks. "Look at you. Is my little genius stuck?" He teased as Peter growls a little at him. "I mean I could leave you here. Let you look at your big boy room whilst we wait for Pep to finish but I think someone needs a change" He teased a little more, loving how red Peter's face went. 

"No!" Peter argued but squeaked as Tony lifted him out and felt the material between his legs. 

"No? hmm...I think the Adult here says otherwise. Don't you want out of that? Don't want a nasty icky rash" He teased a bit more before walking towards the nursery. He made the change quick and then headed towards the front room. A gasp from his arms had him chuckle a little. "I know right? How cool is this?" He says spreading his free arm out.

The entire front room had been converted for Peter and Tony to use happily as an art studio. Tarp covered the floor and furniture and Paint laid on the table along with every other craft item imaginable. Tony had totally prepared for a toddler and paint.

Tony was so not prepared.

****************

An hour later and the entire room was a paint war zone. The walls thankfully were saved but the tarps were covered in paint, glitter and macaroni. The sofa's were now 90% glitter and Tony was pretty sure he'd some how lost Peter in the pile of felt and straws as the boy stood with almost everything sticking to him.

"Ok...Bath then phone call" He said to him self and picked the boy up who squeaked and squirmed.

"Nu....mama, mama!" He complains and Tony melts at the sound of Peter asking for Pepper.