Chapter 37, Much worse

Start from the beginning

Amber is the first to yell out: "Lynch!" And she dives for me.

Next up is Blakey with so much guilt and regret in his eyes. "Oh, God Lynch, not you. Please don't you do this to me too," he begs as he shuffles over to where I'm lying.

I'm so calm it's scary.

I want to tell them that I'm fine. We just need to get some pizza and everything will be fine, but I can't feel my tongue. I can't talk.

"He's still alive!" Amber shouts.

Calvin comes running and his face turns white. I want to make a joke and yell: 'Oh, my God, Calvin! Your hair caught fire!' But... but I can't. I can only watch as Calvin crouches down.

"There's so much blood," he mutters.

"WE NEED TO GET HIM TO A HOSPITAL!" Amber yells.

"Yes," Blakey whispers."Yes, you get Liam and tell Jack to call the doctor! We'll meet the doctor at the mansion!" Blakey orders before scooping me up like I'm a rag doll. I'm really not much smaller than the guy.

"Oh god, blood is dripping from his head," Amber says before ripping a big part of the front of her beautiful golden dress.

"No, it's too pretty..." I try and fail at whispering.

She wraps the gold around my head before Blakey is running us towards the exit. We have to dodge a couple of guys and at one point Amber picks up a fallen automatic to shoot anyone that gets in our way.

I spot the inner-East gang run through the giant glass double doors just before three thugs run up and close it. We're trapped inside...

Blakey is still holding onto me and in fear of losing me, can't let go. I look up and actually feel Blakey's pain as he helplessly watch Amber take on the three thugs. She's pretty impressive with her wild, scary kicks and fierce punches, but it's getting sloppier by the second.

Calvin comes running with Liam in his arms - along with Jack and Jessy on his heels. With a few easy moves, Jack has the last thug down and tries opening the door.

It can't open.

"Fuck!" Jack yells and starts slamming against the glass door, "You have to open from the outside... Xavier just activated the reversed security system," he says.

"Oh God, we don't have time!" Amber cries out.

Blakey looks down at me and I've only seen him cry once so to see his glassy eyes really shakes a deep part inside of me. I want to tell him to just eat some spinach and break through the glass door, but... but I can barely keep my eyes open now.

"Help us!" Amber yells.

The East-side gang stops and turns around at Amber's yell.

They don't move.

I can see some major conflict in Owens eyes as he contemplates the risk. He whispers something and the twins suddenly run off. 

There. Our last hope is going to leave us...

But then Owen says something else and he and Matt runs towards the glass door just as Sean nods and runs off with the twins.

Matt is the first to get to the door and quickly opens it. Blakey runs out with me still in his arms and Amber is right there. Beautiful, kind, lovely Amber with her golden hair and infinite stare...

Another series of gunfire comes from the house and Blakey turns to look just as two thugs intercept Calvin and Liam before they can get through. Owen grabs Jessy before she can run back in and drags her away.