18•Breakfast with the Arlerts

"I would've made this place more presentable and got breakfast ready!" The elder chuckled.

'Ah, good. He's not hungover and is sober.' Armin thought. Though Grampa Arlert usually waited until at least eleven to start drinking, there were a few occasions that he started drinking with his breakfast.

The blonde smiled, "What's for breakfast?" He questioned. Though, walking in the room he could tell just by the scent.

"Pancakes, a classic! Y/N is a good helper with getting the ingredients ready." He smiled at the 'youngin', bringing her to speak up.

"I'm just trying to be helpful." She dismissed.

That was when he noticed her sitting at the table. He took a seat across from her, noting that her hair was damp, indicating that she probably took a shower.

He was about to speak, opening his mouth, but was cut off by his grandfather, "Armin, you should take a shower before you eat. There's still time while the pancakes cook."

He nodded and mumbled an, "Okay," before excluding himself from the table. While he was leaving the room, Grampa Arlert smiled goofily and said, "Boys,"

The girl just chuckled. Was this what grandparents were normally like? Y/N wondered that, having never met her own.

-

The short male walked back into the kitchen. Now the smell of pancakes was filling the entire house. Coming upon the kitchen, he suddenly heard his name being mentioned, so he stopped and stood out of sight next to the doorway.

"...and you were to get married, I would approve! You're such a sweet girl, how long have you two been dating? Armin doesn't tell me anything." He eavesdropped and heard that line in his grandfather's voice.

'Lies!' The blonde thought, knowing damn well that he tells his grandfather a lot. Whether he remembered it or not was a different story, though.

"Ah... um.." Y/N slightly fumbled. Grampa Arlert was probably chatting her ears off... "Well, it's way too early to talk about marriage. I'm not even sure if we are dating. Modernly, it's like a rule for two teenagers to date but never discuss if it's a date or not. It's too complicated for me to keep up with..."

"Well, missy, whether you're dating or not, I think you're a good match for him." Armin should probably intervene. "You're not too loud and kind of shy. You're his 'type'."

Yep, he should definitely intervene.

"Armin has a type?" The girl asked as he turned the corner. He walked into the kitchen and spoke up to hopefully stop the predicament that was his grandfather telling his 'special lady friend' all of his secrets.

"Hey," he said, attempting to be casual. He looked from his grandfather to said friend, and saw something new.

She was staring straight down to the table, but parts of her cheeks her visible...

...and pink.

"You're going to pretend you weren't eavesdropping?" She accused, gulping down her embarrassment and looking up at the blonde. All pink from before had completely disappeared, as if she could easily control it on will.

Actually, she probably can.

The boy guiltily smiled and chuckled, sheepishly scratching his cheek with his index finger. "You heard me?"

She was almost staring into his soul as she hollowly replied, "No, you walk too quiet, it's actually kind of creepy."

The boy sighed and sat down.

"The vibrations of your footsteps shook the table."

'How does that even work?' He wondered. Was it something Y/N tried practicing? Was it something they learned as soldiers, to be able to feel someone's or something's vibrations when moving?

Grampa Arlert chuckled and gave them plates. "Help yourselves, I need to run to the store. I'll be back in twenty minutes"

Twenty means an hour...

He began walking out of the room before turning back one more time, smirking, "I trust you two not to do any adult things while I'm gone."

Hearing this, Armin nearly choked on air from shock. Of course he wasn't going to do any 'adult things'- what the heck is wrong with him?!

Grampa Arlert left the room, and soon after, the house.

Y/N suddenly changed the subject, mentioning to her shocked friend who had his mouth agape, "Your grandfather seems cool."

He closed his mouth and turned to her. "Um... Yeah..."

He looked at the stack of pancakes on the table before picking one up with his fork and placing it on his plate.

"Do you want some syrup?"

-

The two teenagers were sitting on the one's bed. The male reading a book about rebirth, how to identify it to be precise, and the female doodling.

"Hey, can I see your book again?" He suddenly spoke up.

She looked toward him before silently nodding and grabbing her bag. She opened it and pulled out the book that was in a ziplock baggy once again.

'Maybe if he sees the date of the first picture, he'll be one step closer to believing me.' The girl thought.

"The first picture might not be your first life, by the way. It's just the first one I remember." She informed. Armin made a sound in response before opening it to the first page. He took the sketch out of a large, clear, pocket-like area of the page and inspected it closely. The drawing itself was even laminated. It must've held a lot of importance to Y/N.

The boy turned it over to see if anything was on the back.

On the top left corner was neatly and boldly written;
"Armin Arlert ♡
15YOA
850"

'What with the heart next to my name?' He obliviously thought. Upon further inspection, he saw a small signature in fancy handwriting in the bottom right corner.
"Y/N L/N"

That's why it held a lot of importance to her. She was the one who drew it.

Armin looked over to the H/C-ette girl who was doodling random things in a cartoony style and smiled. He got the impression that they were really, really close in a past life.