2

(PoV: Sonic)

I felt like I was resting on something when I was starting to wake up. I opened my eyes to see that Shadow was carrying me on his back. I looked around, it was a neighbor hood I didn't visit often. It looked nice, there was some litter on the streets but that was all I really saw.

"You're awake now?" Shadow asked, not turning around.

"Y-yeah," I sank my head into his shoulder, "y-you can p-put me down... now."

"I'll put you down when we get there," he sifted me back up his back, okay, great. He's stubborn, I shifted around a bit, but he never loosened his grip on me, "Stop moving and just get comfortable. We're almost there."

"...W-where is there, exactly?" I asked.

No answer. Well fine then, I pouted growling for a second before he bounced me. I didn't know if the was for adjustment or to keep me quiet, so I just stayed quiet.

We reach a nice house, it was red and grey, with a dash of pink and white. I was taken to a bed room, red and black everywhere.

"Um... S-Shadow why-ahh!" He tossed me onto the bed and sat down on the edge.

"Get some rest, you clearly need it," he said, not even looking at me.

I laid down, I kept on eye open but he never moved. He bed was really soft, the pillows were only slightly firm. I hugged the pillow making myself yawn. I caught a glimpse of a smile on that tan mussle just before I drifted off.

(PoV: Shadow)

Rouge let herself in, I didn't care.

"You actually brought the kid home," she was laughing like I had made a joke, "Swing for first base yet, lover boy?"

"I was only saving him from Scourge," I scoffed.

"Okay okay, sure," she wasn't believing me.

"Believe what you want, just don't mistake it for reality," I told her walking back up stairs.

Sonic was just waking up when I got there. His quills were all messy and the shirt I put on him was falling off his shoulders.

"Sleep well?" I asked locking the door.

" ahh!" He yelped, most likely startled from my presence, "Oh, Shadow ... y-yeah. I slept okay... w-why did you bring me here again?"

"You fell asleep during class, and Scourge had a terrible idea," I explained, "So I took you first."

"... why..." he whispered.

"Hungry?" His face turned bright red when his stomach growled.

"Y-yeah... but I can j-just go home and... make my-myself something," He looked down at the shirt, his cheeks and ears on turning a darker red, "d-di-did you ch-change my...my clothes?"

"Only to make you more comfortable, you kicked off most of your clothes on your own," I remembered checking on him earlier, he was only in his boxers, "You have some surprising curves."

"Sh-sh-shut up. You don't h-have to point it out," he was clenching the shirt, he was quiet cute when he was mad.

"Come on, I'll show you to the kitchen," I took his hand a guided him down stairs.

(PoV: 3rd Person)

Sonic's face was red with embarrassment as Shadow held his hand. It had only been two days, and yet he kept finding himself in Shadow's hands. Shadow made him something to eat, Sonic was mostly quiet while he was there.