10

(PoV: 3rd Person)

  Sonic was still holding the rose Scourge gave him when Amy caught him again.

"Aww Sonic that's so sweet of you," Amy snatched the rose from Sonic's hand.

"W-wait A-Amy that was a-" Sonic reached for the rose back.

"You really shouldn't have," she swooned with the rose.

"Gift," Sonic sighed, I'm not getting that back any time soon.

  Sonic looked around, he spotted Scourge. He mouth out an apology and Scourge shrugged it off. Shadow took notice of Scourge and imidietly went to Sonic's side.

"Sonic, let's go," Shadow pulled Sonic away.

"O-okay," Sonic sped up to keep up with Shadow.

  Scourge sighed and walked off.

--- Gym ---

"Alright kids, track season is back," Sonic's eyes lit up at the Gym' s new Couch's announcement.

"Yes!" He cheer to himself quietly.

  Shadow glanced at the excited hedgehog to his right and chuckled.

"Sonic, you seem eager," the yellow Couch point to the track be hind him, "You take the first 8 laps alone."

"Yes C-couch Fleetaway!" Sonic smiled, and took off, almost breaking the sound barrier.

  Shadow, Scourge, Rouge and the other transfers stood in shock. Sonic ran all 8 laps in about 1 and a half seconds, and stoped right in front of Shadow.

"How did-? What was-?" Shadow started.

"I was born with it," Sonic smiled.

"Impressive," Shadow kissed Sonic's for head in front of the class.

"Sonic the Hedgehog, Shadow the Hedgehog, I'll ask only once that you refrane from such actions in my gym," the hedgehog Couch growled.

"Say that again. I dare you," Shadow growled at the Couch.

"Refrane from such actions in my gym," he repeated with a snarl.

  Shadow smirked and kissed Sonic, keeping one eye open to mock the Couch.

"I didn't know they were dating," Sonic heard another student say.

"I didn't think Sonic swung that way either."

"Looks like Amy missed her chance."

  Sonic's focus switched when Shadow stopped the kiss, leave the azure hedgehog panting. Shadow licked his lips and had a proud look on his face as he looked at the angry Couch.

"Shadow the Hedgehog! Principle's office! NOW!" He commanded, pointing to the door.

"Syonara, rain drop. I'll pick you up later," Shadow bowed walking backwards put the door.

"Um... o-okay Sh-Shadow," Sonic's mussel still red with blush.

"Sonic go run a few hundred more laps for the rest of gym, at a visible pace," Couch said sending Sonic to run.

"That seems like a much weaker punishment for Sonic," someone whispered.

"I wonder why."

"Shadow started the kiss, Sonic was really just a victim. That's probably why."

  I've got a bad feeling about this new Couch of ours, Scourge thought, switching his view between Sonic and the new Couch the school just highered.

--- Principle's Office ---

"Shadow, I would say nice to see you again, but you've most likely brought trouble with you. What did you do this time," he asked cleaning his glasses.

"I didn't do a thing wrong this time. The new gym Couch is a homophobic bastard. He sent me here for showing my affection to my boyfriend," Shadow snapped.

"What kind of affection?" The Principle asked raising a brow.

"Kiss on the head, peck on the lips was all," Shadow laid back.

"That's no problem, normally teenagers do worse to be sent here," he said handing Shadow a note, "go back to your class, just be sure you don't get on his temper again."

"Tsk, no help at all," Shadow walked out with his hands behind his head, "Why the hell wasn't he sent out with me?"

  Shadow walked back in and gave the still steaming Couch his note. The rest of the class partnered to do different exercises. Sonic was still running laps.

"Go run laps on the second track," Couch grunted.

(PoV: Shadow)

  I jogged a few laps and saw Sonic speed up. If this was a punishment, Sonic was enjoying it. Sonic enjoying a punishment... my mind drifted and I smirked at those dirty thoughts. Not that I'd try all of them.

(PoV: Sonic)

  Gym class ended and I stretched, I had such a good run. This was my favorite sports season. I yawned and walked into the boy's locker room to change. The other boys had already left.

"Sonic," Couch came in, I had just barely unbuckled one of my red sneakers, "do you have a moment?"

"Oh H-hello Co-ouch," I said looking up.

"If Shadow ever takes advantage of you again, I want you to tell me," I was confused.

"W-what are y-you talking about? Shadow n-never took advantage of m-me," I said.

"Sonic your voice sounds nervous, don't lie to me," he place a hand on my leg making me jump back, "Sonic."

"I-I'm not lying a-about any th-thing," I backed away, "I-I-I just st-stutter."

"Don't let him influence you. You don't need him, you're good kid as is," he got up and left.

  I still felt weird from where he touched me so suddenly. I decide to shake it off as best I could and finished changing, making sure I was alone this time. I walked out of the locker room, fixing the collar of my uniform. Scourge was wait with Shadow across from him. Both glaring at each other. Scourge walked up to me, Shadow gave out a loud growl.

"Relax, I'm not gonna take him. I just need to ask him something," Scourge held my hand and I pulled away. I didn't want anyone touching me. I felt weird, "I saw Couch going into the boys room after everyone left. Did he say anything to you."

"H-he thought Shadow was t-taking advantage of me," my words stumbled outta my mouth.

"What are you inferring Scourge?" Shadow placed his hand on my shoulders. His touch made me feel much better, like a weight lifted off me.

"I'm sayin' that new Couch might be too friendly with Sonic," Scourge was mostly talking with Shadow now, "You should keep you guard up around him with Sonic."

"You boys scram, you should be in your next class," Couch came out, my instincts were warning me of something, "get going you'll be late Sonic," he pushed me forward, I felt his hand graze my tail.

"Back off!" Shadow and Scourge growled.

"Get goin' or both you trouble makers are getting detention," he shouted.

  I pulled on Shadow's arm, "Shadow..."

"Sonic?" He walked away with me clinging to him.

"Shadow I wanna go home," I begged him to take me home. I didn't know if what Couch did was an accident or not, but I did know it made me want to leave, "Shadow... please..."

"Lets go," Shadow picked me up and I held onto him. He was my life line, I didn't want to let go.