1

(PoV: Sonic)

High school, not the most fun, but at least during lunch I get to hang out with my friends. Amy was sitting next to me, holding my arm like it was her life line. Tails sat on my left drawing the blue prints for another gadget. Sticks was going on about something random while Knuckles flirted with some girls.

"Hey Sonic what do you think?" Tails showed me his finished blue print.

"Cool buddy," I said, not really knowing all the equations.

"Thanks," he smiled.

Later it was class, 4th period. I rolled my pencil along my desk.

"Class I know it's late in the day, but our transfer students finally arrived," the teacher said, "Would you like to introduce yourselves?"

"Sure," I looked up to see a silver hedgehog with a huge grin, "I'm Silver. It's nice to meet you all."

"Blaze the Cat, pleasure to make your acquaintance," a purple cat bowed.

"Mephalis," a dark hedgehog with grey stripes said.

"You can call me Rouge," a white bat said.

"Shadow," he looked like the other hedgehog, but with red stripes and a mouth, where's the other one's mouth?

"Names Scourge, pleasure to meet you ladies," a scarred green hedgehog winked.

I didn't mind them so much, they were really just new students to me. The red streeked one sat in the empty seat to my left, the green one to my right. It felt strange having those seats full, this was the only class I didn't have with any of my friends. I was used to the empty seats.

Class ended and I stretched getting up.

"Hey, what's your name blue boy?" The green hedgehog asked as he stepped in front of me.

"... S-Sonic," he made me a little anxious.

"Mind if I have lunch with you tomorrow?" He asked.

"I-I was planning on eating with my f-friends," I knew I was stuttering, it just made me embarrassed.

"I'll just join you then," he smiled at me.

"Leave him be," the ebony hedgehog spoke before I could reply.

"I wasn't asking your permission," the lime one growled.

"L-look i-I have to go," I stepped back wanting to get away from the tension, "b-bye."

"No no no stay, Shadow was just leaving," the Lime said.

"As a matter a fact, it's the other way around," the ebony grabbed my wrist and pulled me away, and out the classroom.

I saw the lime one glare at us and walked a little faster.

"Um... t-thank for getting me a-away from him," I mumbled.

"Sonic right?" He asked.

"Y-yeah," I felt his grip tighten.

"Call me Shadow," he kept pulling me.

"Uh I-I think you can let me g-go now," I said noticing we were in the school yard.

"Sonic, don't get too close to Scourge," he pulled me a little close for comfort. He hand raised my chin to look at him, "he'd ruin you and use you. If he comes near you, I want you to come to me or Mephalis."

"O-okay," I don't really get it but, I guess if I have too I'll go to him, I thought tugging my arm away. The bell rang at that exact moment, " oh, we're late."