✱ chapter twenty

Start bij het begin

Before I could respond, the waitress came up with a pad and paper in hand. "What can I get for you guys today?"

"We'll have a cheese pizza." Jungkook responded with a smile.

The waitress blushed and wrote the order down. "What to drink?"

"I'll have a Sprite please." I say.

She writes it down but keeps her eye on Jungkook. "I'll have the same as her."

The girl nods and attempts to flash a sexy smirk Jungkook's way. "Your order will be right up." She winks at him before turning around and heading towards the kitchen.

I snorted as I watched her retreating figure. "She really has no shame."

Jungkook chuckled. "Well what can I say? Have you seen me?"

I look up and down at him, a small scowl on my face. "Sadly."

"Hey!"

I laugh and stick out my tongue. The same waitress comes back with our Sprites in her hands. She places them down, making sure that her cleavage was in full view.

I bite my lip to hold in my laugh as she desperately tries to gain Jungkook's attention. "You're pizza should be here soon."

She walks away, swaying her hips. I burst out laughing when she's out of view.

"She practically wanted you to pin her down on this table right then and here and have sex with her." I say, sipping my drink.

Jungkook rolls his eyes and follows my actions. "I can't help it that girls want me 24/7."

It was my turn to roll my eyes. Our pizza soon came, thankfully brought to us by another waitress. We thanked her and grabbed a piece.

I was in the middle of stuffing my face with a pizza when Jungkook said, "You never answered my question."

"What question?" I asked, my words coming out all jumbled up due to the fact that my mouth was full of pizza.

"If you wanted to talk about what you were thinking about."

I made an o shape with my mouth. "Considering the fact that you still hadn't forgotten that I didn't respond means that you've been thinking about it this whole time. So I sure I guess."

He grins and takes another bite of his pizza, waiting for me to explain what was going on in my head.

"So lately, I've heard so many people saying things about us. . . Romantically. And I hate it, I don't understand why they would think that. I've tried and explained so many times what our status was and they just keep on going. Like earlier today some girls were saying how you were watching me the entire game. And then with Jaeun, and so many others. I can't stand it. Why do they even think about us like that?" I blurt out.

Jungkook looks at me with an unreadable expression on his face. "So you're upset because people think of us like a couple."

I nod. "It's annoying."

"Why does it bother you so much when you know that's not true?" He asks, taking me aback.

I pause. "You're right, I don't know why it's bothering me so much when I know it's not true."

I've never been one to take other people's comments to heart, but when they mentioned Jungkook and I, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Why?

"Maybe it bothered me because you're my rival and I want to take you down," I voice out my thoughts. He looks up at me while moving on to another piece. "People can't see you the way I see you, and that must've got me. They jump to conclusions."

It was silent for a bit before he quietly asked, "Would it be so bad?"

"What would be so bad?"

"Us." He pipes up lowly. "Being a couple."

My heart jolts to a stop. This took a different turn.

"Well, seeing that we don't like each other that way, probably." I answer.

Jungkook nods, his shoulders slumping ever so slightly while he leans back on the booth. "Right." He whispers.

I gulp, taking in everything. His eyes were now cast downwards, his main focus now finishing that pizza. I suddenly felt bad, but why did I do wrong?

Maybe us being a couple bothered him too.

Maybe he didn't want to talk about it again.

He got quiet quickly. No words came out of his mouth. He would either go for another pizza or sip his drink.

I hated the awkward silence. I had to do something, anything.

"It amazes me how good you are at everything," I begin, internally cringing at what I was about to say. "I've never seen you fail at something in my nine years of knowing you. You're like a golden guy. You make me want to try harder at everything just so I can beat you and have that satisfaction that I beat the Jeon Jungkook."

Jungkook looks up at me, his eyes slightly widened with his mouth parted.

"My adrenaline always gets going because of you. You get my competitive spirits up so high, and I enjoy competing with you in anything." I confess. "Although you're a pain in the ass, you've made my life a little more interesting."

I don't know what overpowered me to say that. But seeing him looking like he just got run over by a train made me blurt out what I really felt about him.

Everything I said was true. He was still my rival, but I didn't hate him. I never have. I always thought of us more like "frenemies." Maybe a little closer to the enemy side.

A blush crept on to his cheeks as he stared at me with an unreadable expression. "Miyoung. . . what?"

I smirked when I saw the table full of Jungkook's teammates plus the cheerleaders looking our way.

Why not kill two birds with one stone?

I leaned over the table, my face mere inches away from Jungkook's face. His eyes widened even more, the blush on his cheeks reddening.

"Congratulations on your win." I say before pressing my lips on his cheek.

I let it linger there for a moment before pulling away, a victory smirk etched on my face.

I had to force myself to hold in my laughter at everyone's expressions.

The table looked at us wide eyes. Then suddenly, his teammates started hollering and whooping. The cheerleaders had a pout resting on their lips, clearly not amused.

Jungkook's hand was resting on the cheek I had kissed, his eyes boring right into mine.

Did I win, Jeon Jungkook?

chapter twenty
ksjshw