✱ chapter thirty-nine

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

I gulped as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. The flaming, long red dress clung onto my frame and draped below my knees. My hair was in a complicated ponytail and my face was caked with makeup.

The girl in front of me was someone I didn't recognize. I looked completely different with all the stuff I did to myself for the dance.

The dance was tonight and I was extremely anxious about it. Not only was Jungkoook, my supposed "enemy"  for God knows how long, was my date for the dance, but I also had set my mind on confronting Taehyung tonight.

I had no idea what I was going to say to him, but all I knew is that I wanted to set things straight with him. I hated having ignoring me and no matter how this talk would go, I wanted it to end in us at least still being friends.

Taehyung is someone important, someone I held dear to me. He had been there for me and he had been the one to make me feel like I was floating on clouds.

Even if I was confused towards my feelings for him now. I wasn't sure if I still liked him the same way I used to. I knew that when he came into the room, I didn't feel those butterflies like I used to. I didn't feel myself blushing at the mere thought of him.

Shaking my head, I try to get rid of the thoughts and save them for the confrontation later tonight. It wouldn't be fair to Jungkook if I spent the entire evening thinking about another guy when it was my duty to put all my focus on him, seeing as though he was the one who has the right to my full attention.

I sighed, opening the door to my room and heading down the stairs where my parents were awaiting for me. They had wide grins plastered on their faces as they watched me go down the stairs ever so slowly.

"You look so beautiful, darling. Jungkook will probably not be able to speak once he sees you like that." My mom giggles, pulling out her camera to snap a quick picture of me.

I playfully roll my eyes and shoot a smile when she gestures me to pose for the camera. "I wouldn't go to that extent, Mom. You're exaggerating."

She winks my way and sets the camera down beside her. "Oh, I don't think I am." I stick my tongue out playfully.

The doorbell rings, and I immediately freeze in my spot. Jungkook was here.

I gulp and look at my dad who shot a smile my way before heading to the door to greet Jungkook.

"Wow, what a handsome man!" My mom gushes when she steps beside my dad to get a look at Jungkook. I bite my lip, not being able to see him seeing as though my parent's heads were blocking my view.

I hear Jungkook chuckle. "Thank you Mrs. Park. Is Miyoung ready?"

"Yes!" My parents move aside to get me into view. I purse my lips and look at Jungkook.