✱ chapter twenty-four

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

taehyung: i'll pick u up at ur house 6:30pm sharp friday after school.

me: awesome! where are we going?

taehyung: it's a surprise. 😉

me: what do i wear then?!

taehyung: something casual and cute. i can't wait for friday! 😃😊

me: same!! i'll see you at school.

taehyung: okay!
read 8:28am

I set my phone down with a grin plastered on my face. It was settled, I would officially be going on a date with Kim Taehyung.

The happiness inside me would not settle down. I felt like I was on cloud 9.

"I'll see you later guys!" I call out to my parents, grabbing a yogurt from the table and hurriedly running out the door.

I had overslept this morning, causing me to be almost an hour late for school. I was too busy thinking about Taehyung that I completely lost track of time.

As I was running and trying to open up my yogurt at the same time, a car pulls up next to me. I turn around and notice who it belongs to immediately.

Jeon Jungkook.

On cue, his window rolls down and his signature smirk is on his face. "Need a ride?"

I nod and quickly get into the car. "Why are you late?"

"Forgot to set my alarm," he responds, pulling out of the side and driving off. "You?"

"Overslept."

Jungkook hums. "Go figure. The two top students of the school are an hour late to class."

I groan, hitting my head against the seat repeatedly. "I know! I can't afford to get detention. My parents will kill me and won't let me go out this weekend."

And I could not let that happen.

"Why don't we just skip?" Jungkook suggests while stopping at a red light. He turns to face me. "Then tomorrow we could just say we fell sick."

"The both of us fell sick?" I scoff. "As if they would believe that. Plus, my parents already think I'm on my way right now."