Chapter 2 - Alice and Alton

"The main thing for me right now is family and friends. They treat me like Leo, not 'Leonardo, Master Thespian'. That's all I need to keep my sanity"

-Leonardo DiCaprio

"Take care of yourself,

Do not go for drive at late nights,

Laundry all your clothes on daily basis, not in weeks,

Wash dishes and sweep the house every morning,

Have to pay electric bill by tomorrow,

Fridge loaded with vegetables and fruits while cabins are stored with groceries,

Watchman will come blah blah blah....." my bestiee Alice Roberts went on and on giving me a summary of do and don't , It's not like she is going forever, she is just going to London to meet her son who is studying in boarding school . She stopped her rant abruptly when I yawned aloud making her ears grow redder with irritation. Whenever she gets irritated, her ears would turn into red and I always enjoy irritating her. She is my bestiee of 4 years and we both immediately clicked in our first meeting. We met at the church where her father is in charge of the place and also a pastor. This reminds how we met. I was in my pathetic state running away from my past. The thought itself brought tears to my eyes. I felt a hand on my shoulder I looked up through my wet eyes. Alice sat near and hugged me. She knew about me and my past.
"If you are going to be like this then I think I have to call that handsome flirt from your office, who is restless in trying to court you. I am sure he will tag along with you; you know "Alice joked.
" No way, you will not do such thing "I shouted at her giving a dirty look
" Try me "she said with a teasing eyes. I huffed and opened the door and signaled her with my watch that it's her time to leave and she laughed out loud picking her luggage, placing a kiss in my cheek, boarded the waiting cab. We waved to each other with a flying kiss. We love each other, she is my best friend, my motivator, my support.

It's 2 in afternoon I sat on my sofa relaxing and unlocked my mobile only to frown seeing a picture of a guy sent by my brother Alton. I texted back with simple phrase "try better" with my victorious smrike. He always try matchmaking me with some of top classed man. Ya, every picture of a guy he would send will make you think are they some business magnets or a models but I rejects all in my very next message to him. He knows I am not ready yet but he wants me to settle soon so he can be relaxed knowing I am safe and someone would be by my side. We often get into argument on this whenever he takes protective brother mode, which is most of the times. I took my diary to write today events of Alice leaving, my pep talk to Alice son Jason on phone then my brother's text. I flipped to the random page without seeing month and date, that page has the memory of funny moment that I had with my brother Alton.

Alton Valentino, my sweet darling over protective brother who was a reason for who I am now. Despite of me being broken he taught me how to face the world where fakes are surrounded. He stood by me, supported me. I am always grateful for him. We are not related in blood but he always treated me like one. When we met it was like finding the last hope to hang on, I met Alton parents when I thought I had none. After the tragedy run away from my house I found myself sleeping under one of the tree in this orphanage entrance. I was scared when sister Elizabeth ushered me in orphanage the next morning under Alice fathers care and asked me to stay there when I refused to give her any answers about myself. I met Alton parents after couple of months arrival here, they are one of the rich business family from France. I never spoke with any one so even when we were asked to assemble in hall for welcoming sponsors of the orphanage I stayed back in my room and watched the event hiding in the balcony fearing that someone from whom I ran away would recognize me. I froze when Alton mother Liza noticed me and gave me a smile. During her stay to oversee the sponsor works, she tried to talk with me but I would run away or hide from her, When one night I was screaming for help in my nightmare I found myself pulled in to warm hug from that day on wards she used to stay with me and tell me stories and comfort whenever I had nightmare. With never experiencing the love of parents, I was hesitate at first to approach her but as days went Liza and Calvin, Alton father became my support. They shared stories, would some time talk about Alton, and would share funny jokes. Slowly I came out of my shell. They Adopted me and asked me to come with them but at that point I was afraid of leaving the place at the same time I want to go with them. When I shared this Liza did not push me instead she boosted me to take some time and enjoy here later, she and Calvin would return soon to take me with them and intro my brother. After 6 months I said I am ready and they said they would come here to complete remaining formalities and would take me to surprise Alton for his 19th birthday as a gift as he was longing for sibling for so long. But all turned upside down when I heard that Liza and Calvin died in accident I was totally shattered. But I saw Alton in orphanage after a month as he came to know about me through the will and his parent's last voicemail message during their last second. I was first terrified thinking he would blame me but he stayed here because of me, we both cried holding each other , he said it would have been big celebration in his home as he finally got a sibling but unfortunate is always with us. He stayed back even when I asked him to go; he did his college with me when I am doing high school and joined college . He was very protective of me in college and made sure all male to stay away. I enjoyed my bond with him. He teaches me French and I teach him Tamil(language spoken in southern part of India). It was weird listening to him speak tamil but it's my favorite entertainment too. After his bachelor I asked him to go back to his life when he doesn't want but he did. He completed his masters in Harvard and took over family business. When he asked me to come with him i refused . He too thought that me being in lime light at young age would destroy my enjoyment in college .Though we are ocean away he always made sure I reached home and staying safe .He is my brother, friend, mentor, guide and enemy at times of disagreement. He too faced many odd times, he lost his love as he tried to his friend, he lost his parents and I don't want him to lose anything.

I groaned when I heard my door bell rang. I opened the door only to find myself shocked and stunned of the sight before me.

Guess who is at the door leaving her utterly shock, is that Alice or office flirt or Alton...
Sorry for the late update guys. Please bare with me.

Do Vote and Write Comment.