Day 2-The Heartbreaking Rule

Unknown date 2018 Still Blue's POV
I'm told about the Valentine's Day dance the school is holding. I'm in student government so I guess I have to help. It's not something bad. Actually I'm quite excited. I mean the dance is meant for the 14th, but it's going to be on the 9th. Kinda stupid. We don't even get to pick songs, just make decorations and socialize with the other members.
Later that same day....
I know a few kids in this room with me. Like my brother Mario(not blood) and some classmates. Then there are the 7th graders. Karen and Makayla. I don't know why they talk to me or why I know them. Mutual friends? Or I'm that kinda person? I don't know. The person who perks my interests the most though is that girl. The same one from the laundromat. I figured out that her name is Alisa now. I heard her do morning announcements. Funny thing though: I don't know how to pronounce it correctly so I don't say it at all. I don't talk to her immediately. Just "Hi". Small. Then it gets big. We talk. Well everyone does. It's interesting. We dance we laugh and we tell jokes. I even hint that I like her. I flirt a bit. And then there's the rule. The unspoken one. The one about the 7th graders. "A 7th grader must not date a 6th grader or lower.". Because they'll leave them behind. It's not right. This rule breaks my heart a little. I understand lower, but one grade younger is fine. Maybe I should've followed the rule, maybe I wouldn't have broken my heart much worse. Even if it wasn't a real thing.