chapter 6

i unwrapped my towel from around me and got dressed. i looked.. different. i had taken johnny's advice, and i decided i'd start with a change of my looks.

it's not like i wore all pink. but, i stepped away from the color black. i was a little more colorful than usual, which annoyed me, but i was sure that i'd get used to it.

(her outfit)

————————————

————————————

i took a deep break before stepping into the gates of hell... school.

i heard whispers as soon as i was walking.

"she looks so ugly in that!"

"she's fat."

"she should stick to black."

i ignored them. then, i realized that my looks weren't just my outfit. i put a smile on my face and uncrossed my arms, earning gasps.

whatever.

i saw nadia turner pout and cross her arms, looking mad.

i hated her even more than before now that johnny had told me about her wanting to go out with him.

i also realized that i should show that i have friends. so, as soon as i saw johnny, i walked up to him, my smile widening.

he looked amazed.

"i'm so proud of you. i'm so proud of you! did i mention how proud i am of you? you look amazing, this look matches you so much. ignore the stupid whispers, i swear to god that you look gorgeous." he claimed, pulling me in for a hug.

i accepted. others gasped. i was used to that by now.

he gently rubbed my back and then pulled away, closing his locker. "we're going to be late for physics." i said, and he started walking. i followed, smiling even bigger than before.

everyone should know. mackenzie ziegler changed.

———————————————

"mrs, i love your dress. really, i never realized how much good sense you have in fashion!" i exclaimed, smiling.

"wow, mackenzie. you're so sweet, and i'm glad that you're obviously having a good day. just don't get into any trouble, and you'll be on my good side for the first time." she said, motioning me to my seat.