chapter 5

johnny's p.o.v.

yet again, another waking up freakout by mackenzie ziegler.

"kenzie, relax. please."

"no! this time you put your arm around me! why would you do that? i told you never to freaking touch me!" she shouted, taking a deep breath.

"you really hate that? when i touch you?"

"yes!"

"then why the hell did you tell me to stay in this room? i can kick you out of my house if i want, you know?"

she looked nervous.

"just tell me, please."

"tell you what?"

"what's your actual problem? i know you don't care about me touching you. you haven't even moved my arm from around you yet."

when i pointed that out, she still didn't even move. it's like she didn't even hear that part. or she just couldn't for some reason? i don't know.

"i- well- i'm just not ready, okay?"

"not ready for what? we're not even dating or anything."

"i mean i'm not ready to tell you!" she shouted, looking up at me. i nodded and bit my lip, holding in a chuckle.

"just tell me. please."

"okay, fine." she sighed.

"go ahead."

"it's just that- okay. you- um- okay, where do i start? okay, uh- i just- i'm scared."

"scared of what?"

"you. well, no, not you- but- um- i'm scared of de-developing feelings for you." she let out, and then she brought her hand up to her mouth. she was about to finally move out of my grip, but i quickly held her back.

"this is how you overcome your fear. you stay here. we're friends. close friends. we can hug. we can lay in the same bed and watch some movies and shows. you won't get feelings." i told her. i hid my frown, which was caused by the fact that i did like her.

——————————————

kenzie's p.o.v.

"this is how you overcome your fear. you stay here. we're friends. close friends. we can hug. we can lay in the same bed and watch some movies and shows. you won't get feelings." johnny claimed, smiling. wow, that smile was very forced. i don't know what made me sadder. that he had to force a smile when he was around me, or the fact that i kinda already did like him.

i had tried to deny it when it came up in my head for days, but i gave up at this moment. i liked him, and i couldn't do anything about it.

"okay, you're welcome to leave, now." he said, about to move.

"no, i think i'll sleep in. and so will you."