Too Much For One Day

"Tickets! Get your tickets for the hottest school dance since prom! Only fifteen dollars!." Gareth yells. We have started our ticket sales and been charging people to watch our schools football games. The team has been playing better than ever - knowing that they are helping a football cause - and Jimmy is on fire every game. From the games we have made exactly $5250.00 from 3 games - which is already more than enough but we're still raising money so the girls tackle football team will last till the school is so old it's falls apart. 

"Only 75 tickets are left so purchase them before your peers do!" now I am yelling. A line up long enough to rap around the school starts right in front of me as Jess takes peoples money and Brandon gives them a ticket. 

"Would you maybe want to go to this dance with me?" I hear from beside me. I turn to see Jimmy with a nervous smile spread across his face.

"I would love to." I smile back to reassure him and he kisses me on the cheek. Aww's pour from the crowd as I realize they were watching. Both Jimmy and I blush as we get back to work. When I turn my head, I see Jess giving me a gossipy smile gleaming from her face. 

"Sorry folks, but we are sold out!" I hear Brandon yell. Disappointing sighs come from the crowd of people and though that makes me sad, I know that means we sold all the tickets and $2,200.00 just got added to our already amazing $5250.00. Now we are at $7450.00. 

After the crowd of angry students leave we start to pack up. Once were done, Brandon, Jess and I say bye to Gareth and Jimmy as they leave to prepare for tonight's game. After we part ways, the - once again - magnificent three go to our schools field to start collecting $5.00 from the fans. Another $1750.00 is added to the safe in the schools office and we are now at $9,200.00.

The game is almost over and the crowd is cheering. Our team is up by 30 points (5 touchdowns). Our final play of the game starts. The ball is flicked up to Jimmy and our offence starts running up the field, but the other team is guarding our players too well that Jimmy can't throw the ball to anyone so he starts running as a last resort. He is halfway up the field when a defence player from the other team spots Jimmy and starts bolting over to him. The defence player is very built and very heavy. The crowd is screaming and cheering "Run Jimmy! RUN!".

Jimmy is just about to reach the end zone when the hulk of a defence player dives onto him 3 feet from the end zone. The whole crowd gasps in horrifying shock and awaits silently for a sign that Jimmy is alright. While the crowd is still on pause the timer runs out and our team wins but the stadium is still noiseless. Finally Jimmy gets up, and sighs of relief come flowing out of the crowd. He slowly walks over to the paramedics and the crowd starts clapping, then cheering and the volume increases till you could probably hear it from 4 towns over.

I run over to Jimmy to hear what the paramedics have to say. I start to cry up as Jimmy collapses to the ground holding his right wrist in pain. The crowd, oblivious to what is happening, is still cheering and emptying the stadium. Meanwhile, Gareth, Jess, and Brandon come rushing over to share in the disappointment. 

"Jimmy's done some significant damage to his wrist and he will most likely not be able to play football ever again." the paramedic states in an apologetic way. "I'm terribly sorry."

"No - no this can't be true." I manage to spill out as tears run down my face "No!" everyone else joins in sharing the tears. 

"I'm so sorry, Jimmy," coach Butler says with sorrow while patting Jimmy on the back "You are a true star weather it is in football or not. You never forget that."

"Oh, so sorry Jimmy." I hear a sarcastic voice from behind me as an arm rests upon my shoulders. "Didn't mean to hurt you." Still sarcastic. Just at the sight of Brad I want to vomit but I hold it back. I am ready to attack Brad. I have so much anger in my body that I might break every bone in his stupid body, but I don't care. He deserves it.

Just as I push off the ground with my first step, practically flying, I feel a pair of arms rap around each arm. Not even bothering to look back I try to break lose. "Let me at him!" I say extremely bothered "I'll kill him!" Now I am yelling.

"Michelle, he has done his damage," I hear Jimmy from behind Brandon and Jess who were holding my back from attempting murder "he can't do any more without having to be arrested." 

"How are you playing for Heplon High?" Gareth asks with much anger in his voice "You don't go to that school." 

"I do now." Brad replies "I started going here after I got expelled for assaulting Ashley Hart." He says as if that is no reason to be expelled. Ashley Hart is a very pretty girl that goes to our school. She gets good grades, is very friendly and is the popular head cheerleader of the school. The best part about her is she isn't a cliche. She doesn't do around ruining people's lives. That's Brads Job. 

My legs start pumping and this time no one is there to stop me from strangling Brad. I jump on top of him and grip his neck as tight as I can. "When I dreamed about you on top of me," Brad struggles to say "I don't remember dreaming about you cutting off my air supply."

"Do you remember me cutting your head off?" I scream. He is just about to faint when I feel huge hands grab my waist and pull me up and away from Brad. I turn to see coach Butler yanking at me trying to separate my hands from Brads neck. I release and run to hug Jimmy still in tears.