Idiot of the Century

Here I am: my first high school party. I'm a little nervous but other than that I am comforted by my two best friends standing on either side of me. 

On my right is Jessica - but I call her Jess. She has been my best friends since I can remember. We have the same birthday - and I am determined we were born and taken to the maternity ward together and became best friends then as we laid crying next to eachother - but her mom claims that Jess was born at a different hospital so... I don't know what to believe.

On my left side is Brandon - he is the coolest guy ever. I can tell him anything, show him anything and I don't mind changing in front of him either because he is extremely gay. We met in the fifth grade - I was there for him when he found out he was gay, I was there for him when he told his parents he was gay and I was the one that knocked out the jock of the school when he called Brandon a faggot. That was the last time Brandon got bullied up to now. I never let anyone hurt him and he made sure no one hurt me either. 

In the middle is little old me, Michelle: I am a total tom boy. I wear guy clothes on days I need more comfort (and by guy clothes I mean baggy large men's plaid shirts). No one judges me for it and everyone is content - I am happy to be myself. I wear girl clothes too but half the time it's guy clothes all the way. However, right now I am wearing a really pretty dress that I sewed all by myself. Never even taken a sewing class and I sewed an invisible zipper. I just wanted to try it and see how it went. It went really well.

As the exceptional group of three walk through the hall, arms linked together, I spot the kitchen and turn the other way, pulling my sister and mister with me to the living room in an attempt to avoid the alcohol. Even though it's my first high school party, I'm not about to allow myself any alcohol no matter how much fun I want to have. 

As we are walking I feel hands grip me at my waist behind me and pull me back. As my arms unlink from Brandon and Jess I turn my head and see a drunk junior. I think I recognize him as a jerk named Brad. 

"Hey babe, wanna dance?" he says with an obvious intention of getting me in a bed by the end of the night.

His hand is outreached for me to rest mine on it, but I just slap it down. I refrain from explaining to him that 'want' and 'to' are separate words and instead say "First of all 'hay' is for horses" (yeah that's right. I said the geekiest thing a person can say) "second, I'm not your babe, and third, I wouldn't even touch you if a hit man threatened to torture me to death with acid and the only way to stop him was to touch you." I finish proud of what I just said.

"Oh come on - how bad can I be?" He asks with a hint of whining in his voice.

"That bad." I finish until he grabs my hand as I turn away and twirls me towards him. He pulls me close as we sway to the music. I have to admit he is a good dancer, but still Brad. I try to pull away as I notice people are starting to stare, but he rests his head on my shoulder and he smells really good. 

"I don't want to do this." I say a little nervously, but stern.

He lifts his head and looks into my eyes. His eyes are beautifully green and can't seem to look anywhere else. He smiles at me (a bit of an evil looking) and says "Doesn't really look like you have a choice. Once you're in the Brad-Mobile the doors are locked" I feel his hand slowly moving down my back. 

He closes his eyes and leans in to kiss me, but before I could do anything to stop it, I see a fist speed past my face and it snaps me out of my dazing trance. I turn my head to see who the arm belongs to and sure enough, it's Brandon saving me from just about the biggest idiot in school - and just in the nick of time.

I am pulled down to the ground by the weight of Brad. When I crash into the marble tiles I see Brad lying there with his nose bleeding and for some reason that gives me immense joy. Still trying to recover from what just happened I slowly start to get up. Brad, on the other hand, is on his feet right away with his hands up, blood running down his face, and a look that if you saw, you would swear he would murder everyone if the world if he had a knife. Before Brad had a chance to go after Brandon, Brandon punches him again - but this time knocks him out. 

I feel so comforted. "Thanks Brandon," I say as I run and hug him. "But I could have handled that on my own."

"I know you could have," he replies. "But I saw the way you were looking at his gorgeous green eyes - which I have noticed too by the way - and I knew there was no hope."

What did I tell you. Best gay ever!