Part 1 - Note

This book is very personal to me, as someone who has experienced the ups and downs of depression and mental illness. I watched my best friend suffer from a debilitating spiral into hell despite support of family, friends, and professionals. My experience is proof of just how complex certain emotions and feelings are, and that sometimes despite everything, the odds aren't always in our favour. You can give it your all, you can suspect nothing, but at the end of the day the outcome is the same: and it's nobodys fault.

Suicide has had a huge toll on my life, it has come into my life at so many points, family, friends, friends family. It's not only suicide that people need to be aware of, but the things that cause and lead to suicide. Bullying, peer pressure, clicks, advertisements, society's image of "perfection", and yes, sometimes nothing.

Alot of the time, people say suicide is selfish. Those people, don't understand the suffering of those who commit suicide, or try to. If anyone dare's to comment anywhere, saying it is selfish, they will unleash my ruthless chain of anger. Seriously though, you want to talk selfish? Look at the people who have nothing better to do then cause havoc for those who have found no other choice but to end their suffering, and for the families and friends of those individuals.

I also understand, allot of bullies need help too. A need to fit in, to have control, to feel okay, to cover up, to forget. As human beings we act and react not only on reason and logic, but as a defense. Whether we react as bullies, or victims, we're still all human, built from the same raw abilities to feel emotions. How about we just all, bullies, victims, bystanders, everyone, why don't we take a final stand and come together to end worthless, pointless, pain?

Because that's the easy way.