Chapter 19: Treachery

Start from the beginning

"What on Eve's sake are you wearing?" Ama chuckled, with an arched eyebrow.

Virginia was wearing a long dark and black dress. Only seen her in red or orange or any bright colour dresses before, but never black.

"Isn't it lovely?" Said Virginia, stroking her waist with both hands.

"It is, but you hate wearing black." Said Alexandra.

"Well, a person changes sometimes, no?" She replied, waving her hand.

Alexandra noticed Virginia's eyes were cold and empty. And her voice was dark and solid. But she ignored it for the moment.

"Well, it doesn't matter." Said Sirus, clapping his hands happily. "Come now, we've got some children to welcome."

"Yes, indeed we have." Said Ama joyfully, jumping in place, cheerfully. "I can't wait to see them."

Sirus, Ama, Alexandra and Virginia formed a circle and raised their arms wide open.

"Everyone ready?" Said Sirus cautiously.

"Yes." Replied Alexandra gently.

"Likewise." Said Virginia nodded.

"All the way." Said Ama happily.

"Remember, this is our first ritual. Concentrate and have fun." Said Sirus smiling.

Everyone nodded gently and giggled.

"Let us begin." Said Sirus.

And together they said:

"In the name of our Goddess Eve,

In the names of our founders

Lava Fire, Aqua Water, Ventus Wind, Humus Earth

Now's the time to bring forth the offspring

Now's the time to bring forth the new Elements

Now's the time to bring forth the new heirs to the thrones

Great Goddess Eve, aid us in this ritual

Give us the power

Aid the new comers on their journey to success."

Each of their hands glowed with their respective colours.

A bright, white light fell from the sky and landed in the centre of the circle. A voice echoed in the light. A soft, tender and beautiful voice of a woman. It was Eve.

"Sirus," Said the voice of Eve. "The new Earth Element is a boy named Nicholas. His life is not like any other child's. His heart is full of anger, sorrow and loss.

"Sirus, a heart of justice and strength, will you help the new heir to your throne in filling his heart with joy and hope, and to teach him to use his powers for harmony and never for destruction?"

"Yes. With every strength I have in me." Said Sirus loyally.

"Alexandra," Said Eve. "The new Water Element is a girl named Judy. She had lost so many people and courage in life. That loss caused her heart to fill with fear. Like you, she has a pure heart and is gentle with everyone.

"Alexandra, full of kindness and tenderness, will you help the new heir to your throne in filling her heart with joy and courage, and to teach her to use her powers for harmony and never for destruction?"

"Yes, I will. I will never fail to protect and to educate her." Said Alexandra truthfully.

"Ama, the new Wind Element is a boy named Peter. He is wise and intelligent, but he was betrayed many times that he has lost faith in those around him. Even himself.