Chapter 13: Mixed Emotions

Kinabukasan ay maagang lumabas SI Beatrice ng kanyang silid. Hindi siya halos nakatulog ng nag-daang gabi. Magulo ang isip niya. She can remember her father and aside from that, the thought of JT has successfully occupied her mind.

Hindi man niya aminin ay apektado siya sa mga binitawan nitong salita. Magdamag na laman ng isip niya ang mga sinabi ng binata na gusto siya nito. If only things didn't end up the way it is right now, she knows deep inside that he feels something towards the guy too.

Una pa lamang silang magkita ay nakuha na agad ni JT ang atensiyon niya. Despite barely knowing her, he stood up for her noong inaakala nito na ginagawa siyang panakip butas ng kanyang kababata. When things went sideways with the issue about her father, ito rin ang karamay niya. He never left her side. JT helped him in so many ways. She had a chance to see and talk to her dad because of him too. Aminado siya na napalapit na ang loob niya sa binata. It's just that with what happened, she can't help the surge of pain she feels whenever she sees him. Whenever she sees him, tila nag-rereplay in slow motion ang mga nangyari.

She orderd breakfast nang makababa siya sa restaurant ng hotel. Natapos siyang kumain ng walang kahit na anong abala. She looked around the area because she feels something is missing. There's no JT this morning. She drew a sharp breath before standing up.

"Come on Beatrice. You're not actually looking for him. Just stop thinking about him." Beatrice said talking with herself through her mind.

The day went on and there's no JT at all. Around six in the afternoon when she was just lying on her bed reading the 1984 book written by George Orwell, she heard a knock on the door. Biglang bumilis ang tibok ng puso niya. There's only one person she can think off who would come. Walang iba kung hindi si JT. Hindi naman siya agad makatayo sa higaan because she was contemplating on whether to open the door or not. She heard the knock again and decided to open it.

She thought its JT and she's about ready to push him away again. To her surpise, it wasn't him. Instead, it was his sister. The newly crowned Princess Laurice is on her door.

"Good afternood Beatrice. I'm sorry to come unannounced." Hinging paumanhin naman ni Laurice.

"It's quite alright Laurice or should I say your highness." Sagot naman ni Beatrice na niluwagan na ang pagkakabukas ng pinto at nahagya pang yumukod sa harap ni Laurice.

"Oh! Will you please stop the formality Beatrice? It's just me. Can I come in?" tanong naman ni Laurice na nakangiti.

"Of course! Come on in Laurice." Mabilis namang sagot ni Beatrice na ngumiti na rin sa babaeng kaharap.

"Please, have a seat. Your baby is almost due. You shouldn't be standing there. Do you want anything to drink?" tanong pa ni Beatrice.

"Don't bother Beatrice. I can't stay long. Aldrich is waiting for me. I just have to come here personally." Masuyong sagot naman ni Laurice.

"For what?" tanong naman ni Beatrice na naupo na rin sa settee.

"I'm here to personally invite you to a luncheon gathering tomorrow at the palace. Consider it as a thanksgiving lunch for all the important people in our lives who helped us get through." Nakangiting sagot naman ni Laurice.

"Laurice...I'm not really sure. I don't know if I can." Tanggi naman ni Beatrice na halata mo ang pag-aalinlangan sa boses.

"I know you wouldn't come if I will settle for an invitation. That is the reason why I am here personally. You are a big part of the reason why I have the chance at happiness right now Beatrice. Please don't turn me down. I would really be thankful if you'll be there tomorrow. Please?" pangungumbinse naman ni Laurice.