The truth

"Zoe?" James asked again as I looked at his face.

"Christopher." I whispered, as I kept the headphones on the table.

James picked up the headphones and listened. His eyes widened as he pressed the headphones closer to his ear. First I wasn't shifting, second Christopher backstabbed me. What was happening? Will this ever end? I ran my hands through my hair as I tried to think.

"Him? Out of all people?" James said his eyes widened. Tyler groaned and started to walk out. I held on to his arm and pulled him back.

"Don't." I said, my mind rushing.

"Zoe? After all this? You're telling me not to?" He said annoyed.

"Look, he's Aubrey's mate, you can't kill him." I said , raising my voice a little.

"Zoe-" he started but I cut him off.

"We. Don't. Kill." I said each word slowly and sternly.

He sighed. Max looked at me with curiosity.

"C-can I say something?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Well, I've been in cases like these before, mostly people used a truth and a paralysing serum to take the truth out. You could use that." He said.

I looked at James, he slightly shook his head. But I was certain. "James. Call Marie." I said as I made my way towards my room to grab a cheque book. I came down to see James gone and Tyler listening to the audio.

Max's eyes widened as he saw the chequebook in my hand.
"Sorry, but I can't take this." He said as he started to put things in his bag.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Alpha stone has helped me a lot in the past. Consider this a kind gesture." He said as kept his laptop in his bag.

"Thank you."

"My pleasure." With that he bowed and left.

I looked at Tyler, his face was filled with anger. Before I could say anything he said "I will rip him to pieces, he killed my beta."

"You won't kill him. You can hurt him, but don't kill him, try and understand he's Aubrey's mate, we can't kill him." I said my voice softened at the thought of my sister.

After a few minutes of silence the door clicked open, revealing James and Marie who was carrying a small bag.

She laid out two syringes. One had a green liquid the other had a white liquid.

"This one" she pointed at the green syringe " is paralysing serum and the white one is the truth serum. Use only if needed."

"I'll call Alice. We'll need her help." James said taking out his phone.

Soon Alice arrived and we made our way to Aubrey's house. I mentally prepared myself to smile, if Aubrey opened the door, but I was wrong. Christopher greeted me with a smile, and he opened the door revealing the fact that he was shirtless.

"Good to see you." He said as he gestured me in. I sat on the couch looking for Aubrey. Tyler sat next to me, as James and Alice stood near the couch.

"Where's Aubrey?" I asked.

"She's upstairs, sleeping. We uh, actually went out to shop, so." He said grabbing a t shirt from the chair and putting it on.

Tyler scoffed as he heard the answer.

"I just wanted to ask you something." I said coming to the point.

"Of course." He said smiling. It was unbelievable, how he was acting as if he was the nicest person ever, but then stabbing me in the back while he helped kill so many people.