Chapter 19

"Is this a real date?" Taehyung blushed.

Namjoon and Taehyung were sat at a quaint café in their neighborhood. This was the first time the two had come out together for a meal as a couple.

"I guess we can call this a date" the silver haired male reddened as he replied. He had a hard time preparing himself to ask Taehyung out for a date. He practiced for hours in front of a mirror. But ultimately, in front of the younger, he turned into a stuttering mess. Taehyung, on the other hand, tried his best not to burst out laughing at the older's awkward behavior. Overall, it was a cute situation and the two finally managed to end up in this café.

An awkward silence made the air heavy around them. Things were different in the confines of their bedrooms, but out here, they had no idea what they could talk about.

Luckily, their food arrived. Something to break the awkwardness.

But still, Taehyung couldn't bare the strange silence. "Joonie... how close are you to Jungkook?"

His question took the other by surprise.

"We know each other for a really long time, I think I know quiet a lot about him" he told taking a bite of his pizza.

"Hmm... do you know why he hated me at first?" the younger continued. For some reason, Jungkook's behavior towards him when they first met had hurt him more than he showed.

"He never hated you Tae, he just doesn't trust people easily. An extremely close friend of his betrayed him a few years back. After that he wanted to just run away from everything and everyone he knew" the older looked down to his plate, appetite lost, thinking about his best friend's troubled past.