Harriet answered the rest of the questions. She said that she was honored to be in the final four. She also said that she missed her two eliminated friends dearly.

I scoffed. Liar.

Louise was next and she said the same thing. She told us her point of view in the attack and she said she was traumatized.

"Do you miss anyone, Lady Louise?" Sebastian asked.

"Yes, in fact. Haidee, if you're watching, I wanted to tell you that I miss you and I thank you for defending me that time in the Women's room. I'll be forever grateful."

A single tear fell on my cheek. She sounded so sincere, I couldn't help but release a tear.

Christine was next and she acted like that shy Christine I thought I knew. Never would I have thought that she was far from that.

"Lady Claire." Sebastian greeted.

I looked at the screen to see my friend. She flashed him a fake smile, "Sebastian."

"How do you feel about everything that has happened?"

Her smile faded, "I feel sad, angry, depressed and stressed."

"Would you care to explain?"

"Sorry, Sebastian, but I don't want to." She replied.

Sebastian nodded in understanding, "Do you miss any of the former selected?"

She nodded her head, "Julianne, Haidee. I miss you guys," Her voice broke, "I miss you so, so much."

The tears fell uncontrollably as I stared at her tear-stained face.

"I wish you were here," She said, "I hope you both are doing okay in your homes. Stay safe, okay? Don't die, please. I still want to be with you guys until the end. Don't forget me. I'll write to you guys as frequent as I can and please write to me too."

I wiped my tears but it didn't help. I quickly rushed out of the dining room and sulked inside my room.

I miss Claire. I miss Julianne. I miss Louise. I miss Celestiana. I miss William. I miss Georgia. I miss Vivianne. I miss Hannah. I miss my room. I miss my violin. I miss the food. I miss the library. I miss the music room. I miss the Women's room. I miss Mom. I miss Dad. I miss the dining room. I miss the garden. I miss him.

I cried miserably into my pillow. Why did I have to be eliminated? Why did I even consider believing that I'd win?

I wiped my tears furiously and got my backpack. I searched through the contents of my bag and saw the necklace.

I wanted to destroy it. I wanted to break it to pieces. I wanted to scatter the pieces and never find it.

But I put it on.

I can't ever move on from what I experienced at the palace, I know I can't. But I can live without that life. I touched the necklace and felt all of my memories in the palace flash in my mind. I quickly removed it and placed it on the table beside my bed.

I'm going out tomorrow.

I will spend some time for myself and enjoy the day. I will be back to the Haidee who didn't care about the royals. I will be back to the Haidee who just liked to sing and dance.

I took a deep breath and prayed for a dreamless night.

Despite many prayers prayed, I couldn't sleep.

Can't I really sleep without the necklace?

I never removed my necklace when I slept at the palace. The past two days, I slept with it on so I could sleep.

I sighed and put the necklace back on. I lied back down on the mattress.

I love you, Haidee. Always remember that.

I pursed my lips at the thought. Even in my mind, it sounded like he was speaking. It was his voice.

I cried yet again.

How can I forget you, Tony?

In my first day out of the palace, I blamed God for not letting me forget him.

But then I thought that everything happens for a reason.

Maybe the reason why I can't forget him is becauseㅡ

Stop hoping, Haidee. You'd just be hurt in the end.

I drifted off to sleep after telling myself to not expect anything.

I looked around me and saw different screens. Every screen playing different scenes.

"You're overreacting. Besides, if you would have fallen then I would've caught you."

"You look good holding a violin."

"Shoot. I blew my cover."

"Want me to charm you too?"

"You don't have to thank me."

"Fancy seeing you not in a night gown."

It's mocking me. I tried to run away from the memories but It was like I was running in place. I can't escape. His face was plastered everywhere, saying different things. Different lies.

"Well, then. Prepare to see this every night."

"You're sleeping in the Princess suite tonight. I bet they'd come find you to take revenge."

"If you need something, don't hesitate to knock on my door."

"I can't think of anyone fit at the top. I told you didn't I? No one can ever take your place in my heart."

Lies.

"Can't I just want to see you?"

"They wanted to stand out. But I think you stand out more. To my heart, that is."

Lies.

"And you say you're not fit to be queen."

"Shh. It's okay. I'm right here."

"I was just, well, jealous."

"I'm planning to make you stay here even if you don't want to. I'll show you that contract with your 'blasted' fingerprint to you everytime you want to leave. I'm not going to make you leave, Dee. And I'm not planning to."

How cruel can the world be?

What a lie, "Leave me alone!" I yelled to everything around me.

The screens turn to people. One person but a lot. Tony. They surrounded me and I was in the center of a circle.

"I love you, Haidee. Always remember that. And because I love you, I have to let you go." They said.

------------

Wow! You reached book two of this trilogy! I'm amazed 😂