annoying russian

(AN: a bit of a long chapter because i just need to get on with it. i skipped a lot of dialogue as i'm assuming most of you have watched daredevil. if not. what are you doing?? also :( my gifs won't work)

We were most definitely surrounded. I was cursing Murdock for getting us into this situation, but there was nothing we could do about it now. I was stuck in this, more so than before. I was shocked at the unfamiliar fear that had crept into my mind. Was what we were doing, wrong? Normally I would've known the answer straight away, but this time it was different. It felt... personal. I was also unfamiliar with that feeling. Normally everything was just my job and lots of questions. Now... some questions are getting answered, but not the ones I thought. Not the ones I wanted. The ones that hit too close to home. Questions that triggered the instinct to run away. Lately, that feeling has been brought to my attention. A natural instinct that shouldn't ever be natural.

After tying the cop up, Murdock assumed a standing position- listening to the chatter outside. "How many?" I needed to know, but he did not answer. He just zoned out, focusing on who knows what. "How many Matt?"

"A lot."

"As I said..." I bit my lip and traced my previous footsteps, trying to calm down. "Half the force. Hoffman, Blake, Pinski, probably Mahoney if they're really busy." I looked at the man in black once again. "My friends, or at least co-workers... They'll know it's me, Matt!"

"You called me Matt." He mumbled, but I didn't think much of it.

"What?" I was trying to get to the point. "We need to leave." I gestured to the dying man on the ground beside us. "I don't care if we take him with us, but if he causes any more trouble I'm done." I swiped my hands across, making sure Murdock knew not to pursue that particular argument anymore. My patience was whithering away along with my will to keep the whole charade up.

"Fisk. They're... gonna call Fisk." I stepped closer to the uneasy Murdock.

"So," I shrugged with a real 'fuck it' attitude as I took the radio out of his hands. "We call him first."

"No. Not yet."

"Okay." I kept it short as we heard the groans of the Russian.

"You two have been busy." His accent as thick as ever as he obviously referred to the cop we had 'apprehended'

"The buildings surrounded. Ten officers, couple of dogs, probably more on the way." Murdock explained the situation to the asshole before us.

"How do you know this?"

"Oh," I answered with as much bitterness as before. "He likes to take a lucky guess." I laughed with no motive in particular except to belittle.

I took the gun that Murdock was about to empty and stuck it in my spare holster. A girl has always got to have 2 guns- just precaution. "We're not using that." Murdock looked at me the same way he had done earlier in the night.

"Like I said with the other one, sometimes people like Vlad are just too far away to stab." I smiled an increasingly sarcastic smile as I tapped the sword that also hung from my waste.