"Don't do that Kris," he said while chuckling. It sounded like he was outside somewhere in the background.

"How was your flight this morning?"

"It was cool, nothin' new. Aye do me a favor and drop your location real quick."

"Okay hold on," I said while opening our message thread to send my location. "So you're actually coming?"

I had talked to him a couple weeks ago about Charli's party and he told me that he would see if he could make it.

"Yeah I'm on my way now, I'll pull up in about 15,"

"Okay, let me know when you get here," I said before hanging up.

About 15 minutes later Dave texted me to let me know he was here. I looked back at the kids to make sure that everything was okay, before walking to the parking lot to meet him.

"Hey," I said while watching him get out of his car.

"Wassup witchu ma?"

I fell into his open arms for a hug. I could count on one hand how many times I've hugged him, but when I did I found that it was something that made my day a little bit better.

"Your hair smell good," I heard his raspy voice say.

"It's supposed to, I don't want it to smell nasty," I said while turning my lip up. I watched him go into his backseat and pull out a gift bag.

"You didn't have to." She has plenty of gifts as it is now," I said while pointing to her gift table as we walked towards it.

He looked at me like I was crazy, " What I look like comin' to her party without a gift for her? That's wack."

I laughed, "You're right."

"Oh nah, it's too many crumb snatchers out here," he said while watching all of the little kids run past his legs.

"Welcome to my life as a mommy," I said while shrugging and smiling.

"Yeah you got it, where the birthday girl at?"

"She's running around here somewhere," I mumbled to myself while looking around for her. I found her dancing with some of her little friends to that Silento song all the kids love.

I stopped down to her level, "Charli someone's here to see you."

"Is it daddy?" She asked with hope in her eyes.

My smile faded, but not too much for her to notice. "No not yet, but it's someone else," I said looking behind me at Dave.

"Mr. Davey!" She said while running over to him into his open arms.

I watched as he threw her in the air while she giggled. "Wassup birthday princess?"

"I'm 4 now," she said while throwing four fingers in his face.

"I know, you a big girl now?" He asked while putting her down.

She put her hand on her hip, "Yeah, see mommy let me wear lip gloss," she said while puckering her lips up. I started to regret letting her use my lip gloss this morning, but it was her day, in other words, the only day out of the whole year where she could do whatever she wanted.

The rest of the party went by smoothly and every child went home with a goodie bag full of candy and other stuff that they didn't really need.

While cleaning up, I let Charli pick one gift to open and she occupied herself with that while I cleaned up everything from her party.  I watched as she made Dave play with her causing me to send them a small smile.

I went to go put some things car so we could get ready to leave soon, but while I was in the parking lot a car pulled up next to mine causing me to raise my eyebrow.

"I wonder who this may be," I said to myself as I closed the trunk.

I instantly rolled my eyes as I came face to face with Cain. He has done nothing but piss me off today and he was the last person I felt like dealing with today.

"Where's my daughter?" Was the first thing that came out of his mouth.

I looked at him like he was crazy. "Are you serious? Her party ended well over an hour ago and you decide to pop up now

He chuckled while looking down at me, "You even lucky that I came now."

"You have got to be kidding me. That's your daughter," I said while pointing. "So you should've been here regardless. You don't pick and choose when you get to see your daughter." I walked away from him because I wasn't about to deal with his ignorance.

"You good?" Dave asked me as I walked over to them.

"Yeah, I'm good," I said while sighing. "You ready to go sweets?" I asked Charli as she was oblivious to anything that was going on right now.

"Babygirl you not gone say hey to your daddy?" I heard Cain say behind me, causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Daddy!" Charli screamed before jumping out of the chair and running over to Cain. "Daddy where were you? I was looking for you everywhere at my party, I wanted to show you, my friends. But it's okay, Mr. Davey came instead."

I cringed as she said that, knowing that Cain would be more than bothered by the words that just came out of her mouth. Charli ran back over towards me and hid behind my leg without saying another word.

I watched as he gave both Dave and I a look that I couldn't read. "You good nigga?" Dave asked while smirking at Cain and I knew he was doing that just to set him off.

He laughed before standing up, "So this the shit we doing now Kristoni? Turning my child against me for another nigga?"

"Cain you did this to yourself. I didn't turn your daughter against you, and both you and I know that I wouldn't . And what I do in my personal life is none of your business."

"You my bitch as long as you got my kid with you," he said while smirking.

"Aye watch your mouth nigga, you keep talking out the side of yo neck fool," Dave said before standing up.

"Okay we're not going to do this here in front her," I said before pushing him back to his seat.

"Don't worry about it, that nigga don't put no fear in my heart. It don't matter how long I've know yo ass." Cain said before turning back around to leave.