📚Chapter One*

10 years ago

Eunice's POV

The morning sun's rays ran across my eyes, making my vision blurry. The skies were swarmed with grey clouds, threatening to pour out into the streets. To the people living in the UK, this was perfect weather.

I got up and punched the ringing clock beside the bed. Discarding the remnants of the -annoying- alarm clock, I started doing my morning prayers and read the Bible. As I prepared myself for school, I appreciated the fact that I was given the opportunity to attend one of the most prestigious universities in the country.

I Don't Know University

(Seriously that's the name of the campus, I'm not joking guys)

I left my hometown, for the sake of pursuing my degree in Education. At first, leaving was hard, but as I got settled in, the less homesick I felt.

After catching a cab, I walked through the hall, standing in front of the receptionist. The woman was so smiley as she gave me the number of the dorm. I thanked her, walking away while dragging my luggage.

I lugged my suitcases up flights upon flights of stairs, looking at room numbers as I did so. It felt like an eternity until I found the set of rooms I was looking for.

Room 339. I let out a sigh of relief, praising the Lord as sweat trickled down my temples. As the door opened, my vision blurred, black dots littering my vision. The last thing I saw was a red-haired girl with sea green eyes, freckles running across the bridge of her nose and cheeks.

****

I opened my eyes in shock, women surrounding me.

"Where am I?"

"Here! I'm Cassie Suarez." a blonde girl reached out her hand to help me up. Taking her hand, I got up and dusted off the dust off my bottoms.

"I'm Eunice Thompson." I cracked a smile at her enthusiasm.

"Julie Dranks." The redhead from before bumped into my side and opened the package of Quavers crisp she held.

"Dranks?" I questioned her

She nodded "My parents were Christians, and I have a boyfriend—"

"Can you please stop telling about your risky boyfriend," Cassie interrupted, rolling her eyes.

"Fine." Julie huffed.

"Are you staying with us?" Cassie asked.

"Yeah." I nodded my head in approval.

"I'm actually Christian. How about you?"

"I'm not sure if I'm—"

"You can go to our church." Julie insisted.

Cassie elbowed her in the ribs. "Sorry."

The air was thick with tension. I wasn't the most chatty person when it came to religion. I decided to break the ice. "What's your family background?" I asked Cassie

"Me? Well I'm a Hispanic girl—"

"I'm Scottish!" Julie interrupted in her own accent.

"And my family is now living in USA."

"My dad is a Englishman." Julie said

"You're so racial, he's still a Brits in UK." Cassie shook her head.

****

"Is there a lift?" I asked them, breathing heavily.

"Nope." Cassie replied. "We should go to the receptionist to look for our class schedules." Cassie dragged the both of us towards the front desk.

"Miss do you have the schedule?"

The woman gave us our papers that held our timetables, thanking her as we did so.

****

We walked into the University. Dozens of students roamed around the campus grounds. I carried my notes in my armpit while reading the paper of schedule. I was suddenly on the ground, my notes flying across the pavement.

"I'm really sorry." A deep voice apologised.

I looked up and saw a man, no older than 20 with brown wavy hair and bright blue eyes. Smiling, he reached out his hand to help me.

"Are you okay?" He asked "I'm David."

- Present Day -

I placed the papers on the table. Stephanie stared at me for a minute.
"So that's how you met him?"

"Yep." I nodded.

"Why he broke you up?"

I sighed, sadness washing over me. A brief period of silence wafted through the small space. Though words weren't uttered, it spoke volumes.

"I'm sorry for asking." She broke the silence.

"It's okay, Steph."

"Can we go to the church?"

"Sure."

I'm not the greatest driver. If I ever drove a car, it goes bad. Even if it did, I can manage it. I got inside the car and swooshed away, driving with Stephanie in the passenger seat.

When we got to the church, we went in and sat on the the chair. It's a huge church.

•••••
Krystal Fernandez approached me "Hey! Kamusta? < How are you?"

I'm a Cebuana from Philippines but I grew up in England. But I still speak in Cebuano to my family and Filipino friends.

"Okay ra ko Krystal, ikaw< I'm okay, Krystal, bout you?"

"Yeah ok ra pod ko"
<yeah I'm fine too

"Moadto na ko Krystal,bye"
<I have to go Krystal, bye

We kissed each other's cheeks and waved good bye. I went off to the car there I saw Steph standing.
"It's a night buzz you have to go lying on"

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I mean you have to go to sleep when we get there"

"Yeah that's what I think about" I paused for a while and then said "Let's go home"