Chapter 1 - Inheritance...

Start from the beginning

"My hands are sweaty," I announced. The white man only shrugged before chucking.

"It's okay, I don't mind," he rasped.

Squinting my eyes a little skeptical I accepted his handshake.

"Do I know you?" I said, mid-handshake.      He chuckled again before leaning down to reach something out of his bag. He seemed to have pulled out this folder, resting it on the table before looking back up at me.

Smiling nicely he pushed up his glasses.

"I'm Marcus Ellis your father's lawyer or you could say his executor now," he stated opening the folder.

My who?

He became very serious as he took out a sheet of paper to then extend it to me.

"I'm here to execute his will," he said folding his arms.

I raised a brow looking at this suspicious man. Does he think I'm stupid?

Do I look like boo-boo the fool?

Shaking my head, I took a stand before looking down at this man.

"Look I'm sorry but I don't have a father for all I know. So will you excuse me I have to get back to work," I declared, moving a strand of my curls to the side?

"Please calm down, Miss Black. And there's no need to rush back since I have rented out this diner," he grinned cocking his head to the side.

He what?!

Looking around to be actually stunned the diner was being cleared. Alissa had packed up customers food to go and was leading them out the diner.

Well, I'll be dammed!

Seeing my shocked expression he laughed taking off his glasses as he began cleaning them.

"Yes, Miss Black I have rented this diner, so if you were to be so nice to can you kindly sit back down, "he said gesturing his hand forward.

Sighing, I bit my lip before sitting back down.

Embarrassing.

"Now please listen to what I have to say," he began, handing the paper towards me once again but this time I take it.

"Your father Kevon Edgar Black has passed and duer to the agreements between your mother and him, he was prohibited to never see you again. Besides that, your father has left a loan some of the money such as 20 million dollars and the ownership to all his belongings. Such as estates, cars, jets, helicopters and private island resort. By estates, I mean all this his houses in other states, countries, and islands. And as for the payment by his staff, they have all been taken care of by Mister black by his employees signing a life contract with him. As your father's lawyer, I will become yours. Once you sign this agreement you will be given a handwritten letter by your father." Marcus stating leaving me in gasps.

I'm rich?! Well, soon-to-be rich?
But forget about that! My father knew about me? If he was this rich what did he do? And was he the one who sent me the money when mom was ill?

What was the reason why he couldn't meet me or have contact with me?

Many thoughts ran through my head when Marcus clapped his hands to gain my attention. "What is your decision Miss Black? " he asked extending his pen towards me.

If I don't sign this then I won't get that letter he was talking about. Biting my lip I grabbed the pen from Marcus's hand before sighing my signature on the dotted line. Marcus smiled taking the paper as soon as I finished signing away from me.

He smiled, pulling out his phone to text someone.

Hearing a ding to my phone I quickly took it out to look at it. '20 million was just transferred to your account

That fast? looking up to Marcus I opened my mouth to say something.

"Can I get that letter please?" I asked, hearing a snicker from Marcus.

What's so funny?

"I'm sorry, Miss Black but your father included in the will that I cannot until you move into his estate in Atlanta." shrugged.

Atlanta?!

"Now, Miss Black I have booked a flight for us this Thursday hopefully you'll be able to have all your things packed by then," he said getting up as he begins collecting all of his belongings.

Thursday? I haven't even got the chance to choose if I wanted to go or not. But who I am kidding I've been planning when I save up enough money that I would either open up my restaurant or I'd move away far away from here.

I can't stay here or at that house that reminded me so much of my mother's death. It'd hurt me if I sell mamas house but-

Suddenly a chill went down my back making me smile. It's a usually feeling I would always get when I think or call out to mom.

That's how I know she's right there with me. I looked up to Marcus who looked down at me smirking. "I'll see if I could," I replied.

"Good to know," He said as he turned to walk out but paused. "Oh by the way, happy birthday, Miss Black" he stated before leaving.

Oh, that's right today is my birthday.