chapter 16

Sakura's POV

"again"

"again"

"again"

I'm tired of saying it I'm surprised she hasn't given up on me I'm a lost cause.

We've been at this for quite some time now and it seems like I'm not improving the slightest bit.

Seeing the look on my face Amber sighed.

"let's take a small break" she said softly.

Is she giving up on me? Have I dissapointed her already?

I could feel the tears swell up in my eyes.

I choked up as I felt a hand pet my hair softly. I look up and see Naruto smiling down at me. The tears start to fall.

"it's OK Sakura she's not giving up on you she just thinks she's being a little hard on you and wanted to give you a little break" he whispered as he hugged me.

The guilt wells up in me. Here the same guy I always bullied was comforting me.

He who held his head up high even when everyone else looked down on him.

He who hid his sadness with the brightest smile.

He who everyone hated bore no Ill will towards them.

His clear blue eyes stared into my emerald ones. He smiled brightly.

A surge of anger grew in me as I thought of all the pain he's gone through and how badly I treated him when I could have helped him.

How does he not hate the villagers after all they've done to him?

"forgive me, Naruto" I whispered as I hugged him tightly. He tensed up in surprise as I held him my tears soaking his shirt. He laughed lightly similar to twinkling Bells he hugged me back.

"don't worry about it, Sakura. You are my teammate my friend my family and I will protect you help you and guide you when you need it" Naruto said sweetly pulling away to wipe my face gently.

As he patted my head I felt this surge of emotion overcome me.

I will protect him. He who smiles through his pain.

I will protect my teammates. They will come before my family no they are my family. I thought determined

Not my mother who smacks me when I dont keep a good appearance who smacks me when I fail to make sasuke fall for me, and certainly not my cowardly father who goes along with whatever mother says or does.

"Naruto do you have a dagger?" I ask softly

He looks at me puzzled but hands me the dagger anyway.

They are my team my friends my family. I will protect them and try my hardest not to be a burden. I am not the best choice but I will try my best to be.

I stare at my hand blankly.

"Sakura are you alr-" Naruto starts as I drive the dagger through my hand. "SAKURA OH MY GOD ARE YOU OK? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?" naruto screams.

I groan in pain "with this blood that I've spilled willingly I promise you Naruto Uzumaki that I will train my hardest and to even above the best of my ability to protect and help my team who are my family from here on" I say harshly before removing the dagger from my hand.

My hand glows green as I heal myself with what little healing that Amber has tried to teach me.

I'm finally getting it. I smiled before blacking out. The last thing I see are Naruto's worried eyes.