XXI ||

-  

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it

  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. -Ecclesiastes 12:7 

Christopher 11am

I didn't expect the last day I would see my mother to be so sort. She looked so beautiful in her casket as the rain hit the window of the church. It was one of the gloomiest days of my life. Uncle Devin made it special for her, but also for me. I got a chance to bond with my cousins I haven't seen in a while carrying my mothers casket with them and August beside me. 

It had stopped raining eventually when Uncle Devin lead us in final prayer in the Cemetery before we left her under the black tent.

"Chris ?"  I watched my mothers casket be lowered into the ground, I soon felt a hand on my arm, I knew it was Modesty by her long nails. "Are you ready?" 

She could tell I was breaking down as my mothers casket disappeared in front of me. "That was it .." I murmur . She lays on my arm. I could feel tears falling down my cheek as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I felt her soft hands wipe my tears away. "Lets go before we're late for dinner" She takes my hand. I nodded squeezing her hand to make me comfortable. We walked slowly towards the car when the sound of familiar voices became apparent 

"You didn't think it was important to tell me when my wifes funeral was--"

"Where were you when she died huh?! When she was suffering in that damn hospital where the hell were you?!? She was hurting --" "Well I was hurting too Devin!-" 

"Bullshit! You did nothing but make her life a living hell form the moment she met you , she didn't need you in her life"

"Go to hell!"id

I stopped walking as my father looks straight at me, His eyes droopy and tired "Christopher" He said. 

"Who is that?" Modessty asked gripping tighter to my hand. My father walked up to us leaving my Uncle standing there. "My son.. and you are?" He asked Modesty's name. I could see modesty look up to me at the corner of my eye until she answered "Modesty" I starred at him as he nodded with a smile at her. 

He looks back up at me I clench my jaw. He uncomfortably cleared his throat "I uh--" 

"What are you doing here?" I spoke up.