Ethereal Venom by @Synshadow

By Synshadow
Recommended by espeonrocks
Cover by ImberLapis

"I felt that the author did an excellent job setting up the beginning of her story. She portrays the legendary Pokémon in a way one would portray humans, with prejudices, suspicions, and such. I also admire how she portrays the "government" of these Pokémon: the idea that each type has a territory, and they don't dare to invade each other because they have multiple types they are weak to is a novel idea, and I love it!

The author hints at the creation of a new Pokémon: a legendary Poison-type. It ties into the title of the story, Ethereal Venom, which suggests that the new Poison-type might be too perfect for the world they're in: or perhaps too powerful, as the summary suggests. I can't wait to see what legendary the author creates!

I also love how the story centers around a Malamar: it is both a Psychic and Dark-type, but clearly has chosen to put it allegiance with Psychic types, being the advisor of Cresselia. However, I admire that fact that Malamar is only a secondary Psychic-type, and how even his fellow people despise him for it. He believes that he is not a "devious Dark-type" but the book shows that he might just believe that because it was what he has told himself so many times.

All in all, the strong points for this book include the author's ability to perfectly portray the legendaries as humans, the grammar of the book (which is nearly perfect), the creativity of the plot, and the way she writes. My only complaint is that Borg, who seems to be an important secondary character, isn't really brought up in the prologue: I would have liked to know more about him. By looking at the cover, I can guess that Borg is either a Girafarig or a Leavanny, but I would have liked more detail about him in the first chapter.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants a new and excellent book!"

-espeonrocks

[D E T A I L S]

SUMMARY

"There was once a land called Arcadia that was split up into eighteen parts, one for each type. This appeared to be the perfect paradise for Pokémon to live in without humans, but outward appearances can be deceiving.

The disgraced advisor of the Psychic-type land of Arcadia, Mal felt forced to play a certain role his entire life. He feels pushed to act and wear a mask around others. Things only escalate when Mal tries to solve a problem and instead creates a monster that threatens to destroy everything he loves.

With his lifelong friend Borg, Mal sets out on an adventure to make up for his past mistake, believing that all it will take to save Arcadia is to destroy the monster he created. But perhaps Arcadia was too broken even before Mal made a mistake, and it was destined to be destroyed before his involvement. Perhaps everyone will be better off when Arcadia is gone and venom rises.

☆Thanks to ImberLapis for making the cover☆"

GENRE
Action/Adventure

MATURE RATING
All ages

STATUS
Ongoing

LENGTH
One Chapter

READS
7

VOTES
3

UPDATE SCHEDULE
Every other Friday

LINK
https://www.wattpad.com/story/144401207-ethereal-venom-pok%C3%A9mon-fanfiction

{Posted: 28 May 2018}