Chapter8: The Wedding

Start from the beginning

I turned to him shaking me head cockily, "really dude,". Claire wasn't that smart. The first thing that was noticeable was the view of the city of L.A. It was magnificent even in the afternoon. A chandelier hung onto the ceiling layered with diamonds, light brightly shone from it after David clapped his hands. I stared at the suite  in complete admiration. Claire surely went all out for two days. 

"Come here". David held two dresses in his hands with a confused look puzzled on his face. Both of them were red. "Red looks good on you" he explained as he handed me a dress. He exited the room and let me change my clothes. 

It was perfect

It was perfect. A thought came to my mind. But I brushed it away. She wouldn't mind if I borrowed one, sure there were at least thirty here. And ten were red. I pulled the dress up hearing it strain as it reached my waist. I huffed and forced it up. I pulled it all the way up as it completely covered my cleavage, thanks David! I reached my hand back continuously almost falling on my bum. The buttons were too far and my hands were too short. 

Involuntarily I cleared my throat and called his name. "David!" The door swung open like he was waiting for me to beckon him. He still hadn't put his shoes on and his smiley yellow socks made me grin to myself. "Could you-" I paused not wanting to ask for help. I hated asking for help.  His body relaxed seeing as I was not in trouble. "Ask, ask for my help. And I'll help you".

A mischievous smile light up his face as he stared at my frustrated mask. "No". "Suit yourself". David clasped his hands together probably searching for his shoes. I bent beside the table and picked up his black footwear. "Looking for these".

His eyes glared my way before he looked back down at his socks. "Saryah".

"Buttons".

"Ask".

"Suit yourself". I mimicked his deep Italian tone shrugging my shoulders. I held out his shoes. He strolled over cautiously and tried to grab the shoes I dangled in front of him. "Ah, ah, ah that's not how things work dear". In a flash he spun me around locking my hand and grabbing the shoes, his body was pressed against my back leaving me in a frenzy.  "Remember I'm trained for things like this Saryah, You can't outsmart me". 

I breathed out in annoyance and stomped my foot on the ground. David chuckled at my childish attitude. "Brownie points for trying". He teased me as he started the bottom button. I stared at the mirror losing confidence, I avoided looking into them for long because I tried to point out all my flaws. 

My lips made a pout as I continued to stare at David who stopped doing my buttons. "Am I pretty?"

"No". My face fell, of course. I was ugly and fat. My mother was a twig so there was no way I inherited these hips from her. I worked out, I've got an ab-line for god's sake. But my hips never shrunk. "You're beautiful". I stared at David with tears in my eyes, they trickled down my face. "You are smart, you're eyes capture me like a full moon. Every time I see you I wonder how lucky I was to find you before somebody else did."