The officer smirked, the first expression I had seen from him this whole time. He chuckled darkly, surprising almost all of us, even his fellow officers. Oddly enough, it didn't seem to phase Mrs. King though. "This isn't the first time I've dealt with King..." He shared a knowing glance with Jasper and Saely's mom. "But I won't be as nice as I was last time." She nodded curtly, her face completely serious.

"Please Matt, get her back safe." Mrs. King near begged the man in front of her. "I can't make excuses for his shit anymore."

Jasper started, all fury being replaced by confusion. "Mom... What are you talking about?" He pressed hesitantly. "How you two know each other?"

Matt, as that apparently was the policeman's name, sighed, a sad look cast over his features. "May I tell him?" He asked the King's mom. Receiving a nod, he took a deep breath, turning himself to fully face Jasper. "An extremely long time ago, you had just turned one, if I'm remembering correctly, your parents got into an... um, well let's call it an argument." Jasper shot his mom a worried look, not liking Matt's hesitation. "Well, it got to the point that your dad threatened to... hurt you." He was obviously choosing his words carefully, trying not to freak the already shaken up teen he was talking to. "That's when your mother called me, since I was already a policeman back then. Your father was taken to jail soon after, but your mom began trying to sweep it under the rug, pretending that her injuries weren't caused by her husband. With her denial, your father was only in jail for 48 hours." He paused his story as he tried to collect himself. "I beat myself up all the time for not doing more to get that asshole locked up, but I'm sure that this escapade of his will do that for me." He chuckled again, but it was a sad, bitter sound, unlike his earlier one.

A ruminative silence fell on the room, only to be permeated by a buzz from one of the assistant officer's notifier. She jumped up from her seat excitedly, thrusting the device in her boss' face. "Sir, I think they've found it!" Matt stood quickly, grabbing the small electronic box from her.

"Christ, we need to go!" He shouted at the third officer who was already standing, ready to take action. The trio rushed out without a second thought and a few seconds later, we heard sirens and the screeching of tires, indicating them taking up pursuit.

My dad was the first to leave, just awkwardly shuffling out, his eyes to the ground. Slowly, the Astino's stood as well, walking over to Hayden. His mom gave him a big hug and his dad ruffled his black hair affectionately. "Stay strong son." He whispered, then turned to Jasper. "Please take care of him." He muttered. "He needs you." Jasper smiled at this, nodding. With that, they gave a quick goodbye to Mrs. King and hurried out the door.

As the minutes passed by, I grew increasingly restless. What had started as an almost inaudible foot tapping had escalated to a rapid thump against the living room floor. A few seconds later, I leapt up from my chair, beginning to pace again. This startled the three remaining room occupants. Jasper slowly approached, placing a hand on my chest to halt my repetitive walking.

"You panicking isn't going to do shit, Blade. We can't do anything to help, it's up to the police now." Jasper tried to calm me, but I was far too wound up to stop any time soon.

I shook his hand off, taking a step back. "I am NOT just sitting here. I can't lose her. I NEED her." I cried out. "She's in the clutches of a psychopath, so hell no am I just going to wait for some people I don't even know to save her life." I breathed heavily for a few moments, when I was struck with an idea. "Jasper, I need you to drive me to my house.

He eyed me wearily. "Blade, I know you love her, but please don't do anything stupid."

I shook my head. "I promise this isn't that bad. I'm not going to try and attack anyone, I just want to follow the police." Jasper looked extremely apprehensive, but he knew me well enough to realized I would try to do it no matter if he gave me a ride, so, with a deep sigh to signify that he really didn't want to do it, he nodded.

"Wait..." A small voice caused both of us to jump, spinning around rapidly. Standing behind us in a massive sweatshirt, probably Jasper's, and cargo shorts with pastel hightops to finish the ensemble, was Hayden. Despite his adorable attire and cute features, the expression he wore chilled me to the bone, and I instinctively took a step back. "I'm coming with you." His voice was horrifyingly monotonous. Jasper opened his mouth, about to protest, but then glanced at the soulless look on his boyfriend's face and just sighed.

"Fine." He stated firmly. "We'll all go."

"Are you sure?" This time, the voice was that of Mrs. King. We turned to her. She didn't look scared, per say, just worried. "I trust your judgment son, but just think about this. Are you sure this is an okay idea?"

Jasper paused for a moment, but then nodded at her. "Yes. I want to do something to help. Plus, Blade would just go without me, and he'll be safer if others are with him." He leant in, hugging his mother. "I promise we aren't going to get into any trouble."

Pulling away, his mom replicated his nod and kissed her son's cheek. "Okay then." She sounded determined now. "Go give that bastard hell."

~

guys, I'm currently writing an idea that I came up with recently that's heavily based on my own life. It's about a trans boy who has anorexia. He isn't accepted by his mom and struggles to make friends because he feels like people are judging him and thinks that all compliments are lies.

Please comment if that sounds interesting!

hfa

your trans boy-o,

C