The Big Fight

-The next day-  

Daniel woke up to an unfamiliar setting. Just then, he felt a movement next to him. Daniel peered over to find Seulgi laying next to him in bed. It took him a couple of seconds to processed what had happened. They were watching scary movies last night and they must've fallen asleep together.

"Hmm.... she's not so annoying when her mouth isn't opened" Daniel chuckled to himself. Daniel planned to wake her up but as he watched her sleep so peacefully, he couldn't find the heart to do it. He recalled the conversation they had yesterday and came up with an idea. With that, he quietly got out of bed and went out.

-Moments later-

Seulgi woke up due to the ringing of her phone.

"Hello~" Seulgi answered, half asleep.

"Hey... how are you feeling today?" Joy asked concerningly.

"Hm?" Seulgi questioned. She had totally forgotten about the cheating incident and telling Joy about it. "Oh... that" she recalled. Seulgi sat up and looked around the room, searching for Daniel who was nowhere to be found. Good, she didn't want him to listen to her conversation with Joy; she was still embarrassed over yesterday. "Don't worry about me. You know I wasn't even that interested in him. I just wanted to date the son of the Naver CEO to see what it's like" Seulgi reassured.

Joy was glad to hear Seulgi is ok. They've been friends for over 5 years and Joy is aware that even if Seulgi is seemingly strong and confident on the outside, she gets hurt very easily.

Joy hesitated before continuing "Listen... you might not be in the mood for it just yet but remember Minwoo oppa? You guys met at the Christmas party last year. Anyways, I ran into him yesterday and he was asking about you and when he found out that you're single, he asked if I could set you guys up..."

"I'm not sure if I'm up for that..." Seulgi tried to politely decline. Usually, she'd be all for it but she's tired of dating just for the sake of dating. As crazy as it sounds, Seulgi thought about what a great time she and Daniel had yesterday and well... she would rather spend time with her bodyguard, even if it means sitting in her boring room and eating cheap ramen. In fact, just the thought of hanging out with Daniel some more made Seulgi smile unknowingly.

"I figured you'd say no. Just thought I'd ask. Alright, well... actually, I have another favor" Joy continued. "Your bodyguard, Daniel..." Joy paused, "do you think you can set us up? Initially, I was planning to tag along with you and Minwoo and just take that opportunity to get to know him, but since you said no... I guess I'll just have to be more straightforward" Joy said nervously.

Joy is pretty similar to Seulgi in the sense that she also moves from guy to guy, however, since she met Daniel, he has been on her mind like a parasite that refuses to leave. She's been with guys who are just as handsome and certainly MUCH richer than Daniel, but there's just something about him that she's inexplicably attracted to.

"Daniel?" Seulgi questioned, uneased. "Why him?"

"I don't know... there's just something about him. When I talked to him, my heart felt like it was able to leap out of my throat" Joy said shyly. "It's so weird... I've never felt this way about any guy I just met"

Joy's description of Daniel somehow hits close to home for Seulgi. She understood what Joy meant. This made Seulgi all the more nervous because she's never seen Joy so eager, and knowing Joy, what Joy wants, she will get. In this case, what she wants is Daniel.

"Are you sure? He's a bodyguard. He won't be able to take you to any of the places that you like" Seulgi tried to sway Joy.

"I'm aware of all those things; like I said... there's just something about him" Joy said adamantly. "I mean... unless you and him have something going on?" Joy asked. Joy might seem very simple-minded to most people, however, she's very observant. She noticed Daniel is constantly staring at Seulgi everywhere they go and not in the "I'm looking at you because I'm your bodyguard" kind of way, but in the "I have a crush" kind of way. That said, she knows Daniel and Seulgi won't stand a chance because Seulgi is very high maintenance and Daniel won't satisfy her.