Chapter3: The Dress

Start from the beginning

When I finally made it in to the dining room, David stared at me with wide eyes. I rolled my eyes swaying past him and sat in the chair on the left side. He clicked his jaw before taking a seat at the top of the table. We ate in silence with only the sound of forks and knives clicking.

He stared at me continuously, probably expecting me to apologize for my sudden outburst yesterday. "Dav-"

"CHRISSY!" A blonde haired young woman stood at the door with arms wide open. She had a slim figure like that of a model. Her hair was tied up into a messy man bun like she didn't bother this morning.

"Claire". David deadpanned. I looked at them in confusion. If he wanted to get married to me, why would he bring another woman into the house. Rude.

I wasn't jealous or anything. I was just curious. I stared at them  realizing the shared similar traits. Their noses were both pointy they had the same lips, yeah that was about it.

She was wearing a blue denim jumpsuit."Eeeek and you must be Saryah." My frustration levels started to rise.

One. She couldn't stop screaming.

Two. I only met David yesterday, and he was telling the whole town about me.

" Big bro David has told me a lot about you-". Before she could finish her phone rang. She excused herself and left the room.

She is his sister. So this cruel dude actually knows what family is? I snickered under my breath remembering his nickname. I looked at him to see a ruby blush creep up his face. He looked not so ruthless. Before he could defend himself his sister scurried back in. "As I was saying its very nice to meet you I'm Davids younger sister my name is Claire. Now that the introductions are done tell me, how did you guys meet?"

"Well um-". David interrupted abruptly looking at his watch. "Claire, you guys have to go now to pick the dress remember?" I took a sigh of relief and picked up my handbag. Before I could take a step back, I was being dragged by the blonde haired goddess, to the door. "Bye, Chrissy!" Claire called out from the end of the dining table, to a smirking David who was resting on the back of his hands.

Two hours later

"Its perfect! We found the one!" Claire exclaimed. I looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn't believe my eyes.

The lace on the top of the wedding dress was a perfect match with the rest of the ballgown design

The lace on the top of the wedding dress was a perfect match with the rest of the ballgown design. The pure white complemented my skin and the veil fell all the way back to where Claire was seated. For the first time in a long time I felt beautiful on the inside and out. I twirled a few times before sighing to myself. I loved the dress, but it was all too early. I wasn't ready to be a wife.

What if he didn't let me chase my dreams, with the fear of danger to the mafia. I am sorry, but I wouldn't give up my hopes for the future for anybody.

Two female designers came up to me removing clips, measuring me and jotting down numbers. When they finished Claire and I paid for the dress. Price still unmentioned to me, we proceeded to the car. All he way home Claire and I sang to the radio, and bonded. I realized she wasn't as bad as I thought she was.

When we arrived at the house Claire kissed me on the cheek and went home. Apparently she lived only an hour drive away from David's, for security reasons. Walking to the kitchen I was met with the old woman who always came to my room to inform me about mealtimes.

"Hi". My voice was shaky I usually had a problem with meeting new people. At high school many people knew me, but I always stayed with Mason and Bella. "Oh good afternoon Ms Hamilton, I am just preparing lunch for you and Mr Gandy".

"Please, call me Saryah".

"Then you have to call me Helga". She gave me a heart melting smile and continued to chop onions. I went beside her grabbing a knife and chopping boards. I picked out a carrot and started chopping it carefully.

Helga and I stroke up conversation while chopping vegetables. She gave that vibe that I could trust her with anything. "What are we cooking?" She emptied the peas into the pot.

"Beef Stroganoff". She jumped happily. "This was David's parents favorite. Russian Dish for Italian people, I always made fun of them for that".

"Was?"

"Passed. He doesn't like to talk about it." she answered with sadness in her voice, but there was another emotion I couldn't quite pin.

******

I set a plate in front of David as he smiled joyously. He picked up his fork and knives. Picking  up a few pieces of fusilli with sauce. Placing the food in his mouth and chewing.

"Whoah" His face was mesmerized. I turned to my side and high fived Helga. She flinched in confusion at first but then eventually high fived me. A few minutes of chatting about the food later Helga told us she needed to leave.

I too made my way to the prison with amazing Victorian furniture and an amazing power shower. I jumped on the bed, and sighed in happiness. The mattress was so comfortable.... But I missed my mattress back home. Home. My parents. Bella. Mason.

I would never be able to sleep there again. Or tell Mason how I felt about him. My life would never be the same. A loud knock on my door interrupted my thought. I took a deep breath before answering. "Come in".

David stood at the door, fiddling with his hands nervously. I sent him a weak smile before sitting up. I gestured my hand towards the end of the bed.  I kept my head down not bothering to look at his face. Just because I cooked for him doesn't mean I forgive him.

"Saryah. Saryah, look at me". I slowly lifted my eyes to stare into his. Once again, I was completely captivated by the shades his eyes held. "I'm sorry... I know you-um- eh are in sh-shock about what is happening an- and dammit!" I burst out laughing clutching onto my belly . "How many times did you rehearse that?"

"It's not funny!" a smile tugged on the ends of his lips. "You have a beautiful smile". I stopped laughing and heat rose to my cheeks. "And blush". He placed a warm hand on my right cheek. What was happening?! In nanosecond all I could feel was his warm lips on mine.