Chapter Five

Dan sighed. He turned over, but Phil was missing. He'd assumed he'd gone to work already. Last night left Dan confused and.. frustrated. He didn't understand what he and Phil had or wanted to have. But when he grabbed his hand so suddenly, salty tears began to stream down Dan's cheeks. He didn't know where they came from, though.

Phil typed quickly on his keyboard so he could finish all of his work and get home. He wasn't sure if it'd be awkward though, it wasn't like they kissed or anything, but still.

"Phil: Be home in thirty."

After he finished up, he closed his laptop and grabbed his things, but was interrupted by a woman strutting his way. "Philip Lester! The man himself, your sales have been off the charts, lad." His boss, Lorida Grey, spoke through a thick northern accent and perfectly straight teeth. Phil chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Thank you, Lorida." She looked him up and down, although Phil was a good bit taller than most, she was practically his height. Very intimidating. "Say, let's grab a drink. To celebrate, y'know?" She spoke, putting a hand on his shoulder almost suggestively. Phil gulped. "Actually, I have to get home." He spoke, his breath almost catching in his lungs. Lorida narrowed her eyes. "Just one drink, I'll have you home before 8:00." She pursed lips, and he had no choice but to accept her offer.

Dan smiled to himself as he read over Phil's text. Being the good roommate he was, he decided to cook for him. Tying his cherry red apron around his neck and waist, he prepared his favourite meal: pancakes.

After an hour, Dan began to worry. He was sure Phil had just got caught in traffic, but it felt like something more. He decided not to text him, but wait instead.

Phil laughed out loud. "You're quite the catch." He spoke through slurred speech. Lorida bit her lip. "Am I now?" She giggled, and he suddenly realized what time it was. "Shit I- Im hammered. D'ya mind driving me home?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. "But of course." Lorida smiled, slipping out of the barstool and tugging Phil along into a taxi cab.

It suddenly became clear to Phil where he was and what Lorida's intentions were. "I, uh, my roommate is home." He spoke, pushing her away as their lips parted. It was a sloppy, drunken kiss that should've never happened. But as if on queue, Dan himself walked outside, catching Phil in the act. He stayed silent, until walking back up the stairs and into the complex. "Shit, Dan wait!" He hissed, and Lorida crossed her arms. "I'll be going then? And Phil, you're a prick. To think I even considered having sex with you!" Lorida slurred as she stumbled back into the taxi. And as the doors to the apartment complex slammed shut, Phil sped after Dan. It hurt him really fucking bad to see that boy hurt.