Chapter Four

After finally moving all of his things into Dan's flat, Phil's exhausted stature began to fade. It was as if being around Dan had reset his mind, but he was still.. missing something. He didn't know how to explain it. He felt like a puzzle with just one piece left, but the piece is lost under the sofa or in a vent. He didn't know what the piece was or, in fact, where it was, but he was determined to find it. "How could someone be so rude?" Phil asked angrily, however Dan seemed unphased. Dan's twitter page was opened to his home screen, and a tweet from he and Phil's old friend from high school shone on the screen.
"Catrific.7: @danielhowell, a boy who is somehow both rat and human. lol just kidding."
"It was kind of funny, but it's coming from her. She doesn't have a funny bone in her body." Dan spoke bluntly. Phil crossed his arms. "So its just an insult then? Let me reply to this bitch." They both began laughing incoherently. Their relationship became more like that of true best friends; whatever sexual or romantic tension they had between them was now gone, and they were simply platonic now. Something about that made Phil a little disappointed, but he didn't want to fuck it up.

Dan waited until Phil left his room to add Cat's name to the list.

Catherine Valdes

Every time he added a new name to the list, it was as if a heavy weight was lifted off of his shoulders. However, he still felt something. He didn't exactly know what that something was, but it was a need. His door suddenly opened, and Phil came rushing in. He plopped onto his bed, which was normal now. They occasionally slept together, especially after watching a horror film, when Dan was too afraid to sleep alone. "I'm properly tired." Phil laughed, tossed his top onto Dan's floor. He was beautiful. Pale and blemish free skin that looked rich and velvety. Dan saved the document and plopped onto bed next to Phil. He wasn't comfortable sleeping shirtless as he wasn't very confident in his body, so he wore an oversized top that he assumed belonged to Phil, as he was much taller than him.

Phil sighed. He wanted so badly to bury his face into the nape of Dan's neck, or the small of his back. But again, what they had was perfect. He didn't want to fuck it up like he did everything else. For a moment, everything was silent. His back was pressed against the mattress, and he felt at peace. Suddenly, he felt Dan turn over. "Phil, I-" His voice trailed off. "Good night." He finished, his breath hitching a bit. Without any thought to do so, Phil reached underneath his duvet and clutched his small hand. He closed his eyes. He'd wanted to do this for so long, and Dan didn't refuse, but instead he gripped his hand tighter. For awhile they laid there, hand in hand and eyes closed tightly. Phil wanted this moment to become infinite. He hoped it would linger even just for another minute.