Chapter One: Why is he watching me?

I stepped out of the car and pulled my dress down so it didn’t show my butt or anything. I was wearing a dark purple party dress with black pumps. My make-up was dark eyeshadow, a lot of eyeliner, glitter mascara, and some sparkly lip gloss.

Ellie and Joshua (my two best friends) and I walked into Kelly’s house. We knew her well enough to go to her party and Joshua and her have a thing. He was going to ask her out today as her Birthday present. I got her a gift card to Taco Bell and Ellie got her a gift card to some make-up place.

“Happy Birthday.” We greeted Kelly at the door.

“Thanks guys.” She said back and then hug Joshua. Ellie and I walked into the living room and got some drinks. I don’t drink much but I’ll drink a little. Never the less, there were already some drunk people here. The music was blasting and we set our presents on the table.

Ellie leaned over to me, “Do you think Leo is here?”

“Maybe.” I said then asked, “Did you text him?”

“No, I think I’d sound too desperate.”

I nodded and we started talking and observing some of the people in the room. She narrowed her eyes and nodded to her left. I looked up at her.

“Don’t look for a couple seconds, but there’s a guy behind you with curly hair and he’s like… staring at you. It’s kind of creepy.” She said, I started to turn around to look but she grabbed my arm, “Count to ten.”

I nodded.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

Wait… am I even breathing? (six)

Seven.

Eight.

Relax, Relax. (Nine)

Ten.

I looked behind me. There was a guy with chocolate brown curls, his dark green eyes were staring at me and when our eyes connected he smirked and his dimples poked through his cheeks, he was wearing a grey plaid shirt, and black skinny jeans with converse. He was holding a bottle of Jack Daniels and he raised it to me, drank some, and then raised his eyebrows, whilst never taking his eyes off of mine.

“Creep.” I mumbled to Ellie.

She nodded, “Do you know him?”

“No.” I said.

Ellie nodded, “I wonder if he’s a friend of Kelly.”

“Must be if he’s here.”

We left the room and I looked back at the man, his eyes were still on me. I quickly looked away, why does he keep staring. I’m getting creeped out, like majorly creeped out. In the kitchen there was Joshua and Kelly holding hands. When he saw us he smiled as if telling us he asked her out and she said yes.

“Hey guys.” Kelly smiled, “Josh asked me out.”

“Yay!” Ellie and I said together.

We sat down on the counter and I leaned over to Kelly, “There’s this guy-”

“Awh did little Stephie find a boy?” Joshua teased.

Ellie and I both shook our head and I continued, “We walked into the living room and he was just kinda…”

“Staring at Stephanie, it was weird like a creepy, Twilight Zone, look.” Ellie said.

I nodded and Kelly narrowed her eyes, “Wait where was he?”