9

The next day at school as I walked besides Murad, I noticed Ahmed's intense stare. He's never really paid much attention to me but today I felt it. He looked at me as he leaned over on his locker.

My eyes instantly connected with his brown ones and noticed the way they flickered mischievously.

I frowned wondering what was sparking his interest. Did he know something I didn't?

I quickly tore my gaze away from his and turned to Murad who's been more quite than usual. He was keeping to himself because internally I knew he was in some inner torment. His parents were divorcing and his dad was keeping him since his mom didn't really care to take him with her.

I didn't know what was the cause for their divorce except that I guessed that they have had enough of each other. They fought everyday.

I nudged Murad. "Are you hungry?"

Murad didn't bother to look at me. "No."

"Did you at least have breakfast?" I pressed on.

Murad sighed. "No."

"Murad!" I frowned. "You can't starve yourself, that isn't good for you."

"I don't feel like eating Hanna." He gritted, his icy tone didn't encourage me to keep going.

I looked into his eyes but he ignored my gaze. "Mura-"

"I'm late for class." He picked up his speed and left me behind as he got to his first period. I was alone then walking to my class. Usually Murad waited with me but not today.

I was hurt that was for sure but I understand that what he was going through was tough on him. I decided that I'd just leave him alone for the rest of the day.

Or try to.

*****

Later durning lunch break I sat alone since Murad was nowhere to be seen. Mona and her boyfriend were probably somewhere making out so I just kept to myself.

Before I knew it Ahmed appeared in front of me. "Hey." He smiled.

I looked around the cafeteria. Was I on the show pranked? Was someone playing games with me. Why would Ahmed out of all men come speak to me knowing I don't think of him very kindly.

When he saw the confusion in my face he cleared his throat and his smile disappeared. "Anyways.." he trailed. "I was wondering if you tutor chemistry?"

"Oh I-" before I could finish I quickly caught Murads burning glare directed right at me. His light eyes darkened causing the hairs on my neck to stand up. As he clenched his jaw, I felt more uncomfortable. His usual full lips were now thin, annoyance clearly evident on his face.

He stood at the entrance of the cafeteria at first but then started striding in my direction. He was grinding his teeth so menacingly and his features became more intense, I started getting nervous. I also took notice of how most girls in the cafeteria eyed him so desperately. If Murad had been such a fuckboy, nobody would be safe.

I quickly turned to Ahmed. "I do but I'll let you know if I have any more time to tutor somebody extra." I immediately said.

"Okay." He spoke with a tone that let me know he wasn't done. "Would you like my number?"

"Nope. I'll see you around." I smiled forcefully as I kept the corner of my eye on Murads stride. He was almost here.

"Alright." He smiled, his bright teeth showing. He got up and left in the opposite direction Murad was coming from.