Chapter Thirty-Eight

[OLIVIA'S POV]

I waited in the car trying my best to keep myself amused. I had asked Charlie if Harry had contacted him with a problem or something, but he said nothing. I applied another coat of lipstick and more mascara to my false lashes. I really didn't understand why I put them on in the first place when my lashes were already long. I guess I really wanted to impress Harry.

This was our first date. I don't even remember us going on any. Everything between us happened so quickly but I don't regret it. Our love was proved the many challenges we were put through: kidnapping, injuries, assault. Through it all we had each other and we tried out best to stand by each other. Despite the others trying to sabotage us.

I rolled the window up again after asking Charlie the same question again. I pushed my boobs up and fixed my hair while popping a piece of candy into my mouth. I checked my teeth to check for any smudges from the lipstick but soon I grew weary.

Where was Harry? He must've gotten side tracked talking to his family or friends. I got out of the car and started towards the building.

"I'll be back Charlie, I'm just going to get Harry before the restaurant decides to close" I rolled my eyes at the thought of Harry being easily distracted.

I walked inside and looked around. "Hello Marissa" I greeted her casually. "Have you seen my husband?" she furrowed her brow. I had forgotten to tell the staff the we were married now. "Have you seen Harry?" she nodded and pointed towards the elevator doors.

I walked towards the elevator and pressed the button. There was no ding when I did so and I stood there for a minute. I called over the maintenance man, Carlos, and told him to take care of it. When I moved in with Harry I decided to make it my mission to know three things about the place. 1) Who all the workers were and know them personally. 2) All of the escape routes. 3) And know this place like the back of my hand. I decided that I was to impatient to wait on the elevator to be fixed so I took the stairs.

I heard the giggles of girls and saw some couples making out against the walls. I let them do their thing as I started up. Three flights in I couldn't deal with my shoes anymore. I untied them and slipped them off with ease.

"Ugh, that feels so much better" I exhaled. I continued up the staggering at my best attempt to keep going. I paused and looked up at the flights and then down, only to look back up. "Six down ten more to go" I huffed.

I slowly dragged myself up until I reached the fourteenth floor. I paused leaning on the railing to catch my breath. "I hate life"

I walked up to the next flight. I walked carelessly with my eyes shut until my feet landed on a cold hard object. I opened my eyes and picked up the object a phone. I pressed the home button and it didn't cut on. I assumed it dropped harshly since the screen was shattered. I cut it on by the power button and waited till the apple logo showed up. When the screen was settled I stared at the lock screen in disbelief. I knew Harry was clumsy, but he wasn't clumsy enough to drop his phone and not notice. His phone had almost all of his personal contents in it. I know he wouldn't have just let it drop and keep going and if so he would have heard it.

I went further up the steps and was meet with a sight that made my heart fall. There was blood on the floor and and a wallet as well. I covered my mouth with my hand to prevent myself from screaming. I kept my hand over my mouth as I stepped over the puddle to the wallet. I grabbed the wallet and opened it to see Harry's ID and a picture of us. I clenched my eyes shut and released the tears that were stinging at my eyes.

"Oh, Harry" My eyes landed on a trail of blood that led to another floor. I went up the next flight and into out apartment quickly changing clothes and grabbing my phone along with his tightened in my hand. I threw on anything and ran out to follow the trail of blood on the staircase. I hurried and followed it. It led to the other staircase on the other end of the building that led out to the back.