Chapter 51 I Fear...

Start from the beginning

"No one is born strong, Colonel. This kind of fear may become your weakness. However, when someone has something to protect, he may become stronger than ever before."

Xi's eyes followed Heine's figure as he stood up. He calmly walked to the door and then stopped.

"I think that this conversation is over. You asked me a question and I have answered it."

"Yes, I thank you very much for your cooperation."

When Heine left his office, he opened Heine's military archives from the holographic display and hesitated over the evaluation field. Eventually he checked 'qualified' and the screen closed.
________________________
The physical fitness tests were concluded. The results were as expected. Xiao Yan passed and was set to go on to combat training. Among the researchers, Xiao Yan and two others passed. The others, including Casey, must have their training time extended.

Although Casey insisted that he would man up, he ended up submitting a request to the higher ups to terminate his training. He did not expect it to pass. The Central Academy of Sciences had already determined that, in order to improve their combat capabilities, they could not give anyone special privileges.

.
Gordon gave Xiao a few days off as a reward. This means he can leave the headquarters under the protection of the special forces. Although outside does not really mean the same to Xiao Yan, not to mention he can't move without a special forces soldier nipping at his heels.

After sleeping until noon, Xiao got up and dressed in a casual shirt and jeans. Three months of training has really strengthened his body. There are obvious visible differences, his posture and walking pace have completely transformed. Xiao finds it all amazing.

When he stepped out of the door he saw Mark's big frame. He winked playfully at Xiao Yan.

"What a blessing, because of you, I can also go outside the headquarters."

"Mark! It's you!" Xiao Yan happily launched himself at Mark.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Oh, if I remember correctly, there is a baseball game between the Mars League and the Blade's Cavaliers starting at 2 o'clock this afternoon, we can go together..."

"Don't even think about going to a game. There are too many people, It would be very difficult for me to protect you in such an environment."

"Then how about the second best thing? We can go to the Bermuda Bar to watch the live broadcast and I can drink beer. How about that?"

"Okay I'll pass this onto Major General Gordon."

Mark's unusually serious look amused Xiao Yan.

The Bermuda Bar is famous in the Shire, its holographic screens rival those of the commercial ad square. It also airs the game in real time. Today is not a rest day but, when Xiao Yan and Mark enter the bar, it is packed and quite loud."

Mark's hands are in his pockets, he looked around the bar and Xiao Yan knew that he was keeping a keen eye on the environment.

"Mark, is it only you protecting me?" Xiao Yan's shouted in his ear.

"Rookie! don't you look down on me! I'm an elite of the special mission forces!"

"Then I'm really honored! Sending elites to protect unimportant me!" Xiao Yan grinned.

Mark scratched his head. "I don't know what to say. Today, Winn said that the Boss wanted to send the most trusted person to protect you. I didn't expect him to select me. I thought it would be Liv."

Thrive in Catastrophe by 焦糖冬瓜On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara