Chapter 9: Realizations and Confessions

WOOHHHH ITS BEEN A LONG TIME READERS BUT IM BACKKKK AND CONTINUING 'TDC'!! IM SORRY TO HAVE ALL KEPT YOU WAITING! I MISSED ALL OF YOU! And yes I would like to apologize for the long hiatus, sue my writer's block. I just got back once again to write stories and hoping that I've improved just slightly.Thank you to all loyal readers for never giving up on this story! So anyways! Onwards! -XxDPxX

_

"Realizations and Confessions"

It was early in the morning and Yuya woke up, feeling refreshed from his sleep. The memory of last night still put an ache in his heart, with all those sad animals who performed who would ever forget that? He really wanted to save those poor animals.

What he said last night to Yuto was forgotten like dust in the wind while he looked around the cave. It wasn't that menacing anymore. Speaking of which, where was Yuto right now?

The tomato haired teen scratched his head and stood up, walking around the spacious area, amidst the cool darkness of the cave confines. "Yuto? Where are you?" he called.

No reply. Maybe the dragon was out? That had to be it. Why else would there be no answer?

Yuya decided to wait for the dark dragon and instead went up to the surface to get some fresh air.

And to possibly think about what he felt for the dragon.

A warm blush spread across the teen's cheek as he scurried off to go to the surface, using the cave walls to locate where he was going.

_

Meanwhile, in the forest, Yuto was plucking out fruits from the trees, his mind whirring in a flurry of thoughts. He was in a daze, Yuya's word ringing in his mind, loud and clear. "Yuya.." he mumbled, sighing softly to himself.

It was no surprise for Yuto that he would fall for his young charge. He wondered if Yuya just knew how it had affect him so much. Who wouldn't be smitten or ever fall if they ever saw the young man hiding behind that mask? Yuto had seen how Yuya's eyes would light up at simple things and how his contagious laughs could brighten any dark days (he wondered if the villagers ever saw him as he had seen the boy).

Those were only bonuses in his opinion though and Yuto had come to realize that he loved everything about his lovely charge.

The dragon found himself quirking a smile in his human form. Silly him, why didn't he realize it earlier?

His ears perked when he heard a rustle in the bush and turned his head to the noise, seeing a wild boar emerge. Huh... Yuya was human and Yuto was a dragon...

So that means they needed meat. And meat was a necessity for both dragons and humans.

Yuto's grew orbs narrowed, his nails turning into sharp taloned claws. He dropped his basket and crouched, then lunged at the startled creature.

A shrill squeal was heard in the area as Yuto dug his claws on the flesh of the boar. Humans would not mind the noise since they would only think that a hunter was going out to get food.

The animal struggled for a moment then was still, falling dead on the ground, blood coating the now green grass. Yuto's talons retracted and turned back to human hands, the digits coated with thick, viscous, red liquid.

Yuto sighed and decided he'd have to do something about the slaughtered animal. He could cut it into pieces? Yeah, maybe. Yuto knelt down and began doing so.

He pushed away all the thoughts of his feelings for now.

~In Another Place~

There was a snicker filled with poison and menace hidden in the thick veil of darkness, a glowing, looking mirror showing an image of a boy lazing under the cool summer breeze. It was none other than Yuya who was being watched. The dark figure reached to the glass leeringly, a lusty canined smile creeping past the dark silhoutted figure, grinning like a madman. "Soon...soon you will be mine." it whispered.