Chapter 7: Explanation and Freedom

"Chapter 7: Explanation and Freedom"

XxxxX

Brief and tense silence hung upon the air thickly. It was nauseating and very much sickening, you could feel it in the air floating. The cloaked stranger seemed to stiffen as he scanned his own appearance, looking at his feet then at his hands. Was Yuya imagining or did the stranger suddenly seemed to become pale?

"Oh. . Kami. . No." breathed the stranger, but Yuya could still hear his voice even if it was a whisper. The teen shook violently, clenching his fist and marching over to the stranger, pushing past the fear that was clawing at him to stay away from the cloaked man. The crimson hued male grabbed the collar of the cloak, bringing his face dangerously close to the stranger's own. He didn't notice that his eyes were glowing, a bloody hued glow that could chill anyone's spine if they dared stare into them. Yuya growled at the stranger and spat; "Who. are. you?! Are you Yuto?!" demanded the young teen, shaking the other angrily, and the man cried out; "Yuya, please calm down! I can explain!" he stuttered out, fearing on angering Yuya even more.

The teen hissed, but let go and stepped back, crossing his arms defensively and scowling at the stranger as his eyes started to show less of the haunting glow. "Explain and why, how do you know my name?" at this revelation, Yuya finally felt the fear get to him and he hugged himself, plopping down on the ground and pressing his knees closer to his body as he looked away. The stranger seemed to falter, wishing to hold the crying teen but held himself back, as he did not want to scare and agitate the other even more. "If I explain and show you, will you believe me?"

The young teen gave a prompt nod and twined his arms around his knees, waiting anxiously for the stranger to reveal his face.

Slender and calloused hands hesitantly reached his cloak, as he prepared himself to take off the hood. A pause, and in one swift movement, the cover of the stranger's face came off, revealing his features that was hidden underneath his disguise.

Yuya felt his breath hitch at the sight of the man.

He was gorgeous. Silver gray eyes stared back at him, the eye shape narrow and very much soul piercing. The stranger had wild hair, with purple bangs framing his face and night black hair unruly around his head, but it suited him. He had pale skin, the color of cream that complimented him even more. All in all he was the epitome of handsomeness. The only thing that gave it away, was the pupils in the stranger's eyes. They were slits. "Yuya?"

Yuya started to quiver and he willed his mouth to open; "Explain," a pause, before continuing. "What the hell are you?" The stranger sighed and sat down on the ground, drawing invisible circles upon it. He thought of where to begin before opening his mouth and speaking; "How should I start?" he hummed and glanced over to the teen, earning him a cringe in return. The man pursed his lips and started his tale, fingers cupping his chin; "Well, to start off. . I am. . a dragon. A special one, that can transform into both human and dragon." Yuya grimaced at that and the stranger quickly added "Don't worry, I am still Yuto. Don't you recognize my eyes?"

"Well yeah, but you're obviously human." snapped the red head making the ravenette wince. "Do you want proof?" he asked softly, and Yuya nodded. Yuto sighed and stared at the young teen. "If you are sure." He muttered and started to change, making the crimson orbs widen in surprise as he drank in the morphing form of Yuto into his dragonic form. Sharp and deadly eyes opened, staring down at the teen in apology.

Yuya let out a long breath and reached out an arm, indicating Yuto to come closer, which the dragon hesitantly obeyed. The tomato haired boy, slowly reached out and put his hands on Yuto's muzzle and cheek, caressing it gently as the boy let out a breathless reply. "Why did you not tell me?" silver grey eyes looked down in shame to the ground, letting his mind run amuck at a loss for words, before he picked himself up and spoke gently; "I did not want to scare you or think that I was. . a freak. Please trust me when I say this Yuya. I really wanted to show you, really I did but. . I was scared, that you would judge me for who I am. . . That's why I did not tell you and remained in my dragon form. Please forgive me, my young charge for lying to you."