nine

Valentine,

Not engaging in the conversation at the lunch table, Valentine continued to text her little sister to make sure she was alright.

It's been three weeks since the incident back at the house and their interaction, and they actually grew to enjoy each other's company.

"Val, what do you think?," Looking up from her phone as she took in the sight of Daniel, Mylíon, Renee and Neil she shrugged.

"Prom is prom. Not necessarily my scene. Sam asked if I was going but I told him no," She told, and she felt Daniel staring at my face.

Valentine discovered that the girls, Daniel, his friends, and his family all ended up hanging out since that party one night and apparently they grew to like each other's company in the past three weeks.

Valentine noticed how Neil and Mylíon grew close and someone by the name of Clyde has been claiming Renee pretty heavily but her brothers did not take a liking to Clyde very much as Renee would say.

"Well, I'm trying to get the school to accept Clyde's invite but he's twenty-two and they say the limit is twenty one," she frowned.

Valentine finished texting her sister before completely putting her phone away. She turned since she felt someone eyeing her, and it was no other than Daniel.

"Can I help you, sir?," she joked, having her hand support her chin.

"Yeah, drop that clown and be my girl again," he responded in the same tone but he was absolutely serious.

He was tired of Samuel getting Valentines attention. So tired to the point he was deciding on killing him just to get him out the equation. But, he knew Valentine wouldn't want him after that and it would cause too much suspicion so he waited it out.

"Daniel, you are so full of yourself sometimes," she playful rolled her eyes and excused herself from the group.

Everyone noticed how Daniel and Valentine had a connection. Mylíon and Renee were caught up on their romance story since the guys filled them in on how Daniel and Valentine can't seem to leave each other alone. They thought it was a cute hood love story while Valentine thought rationally and doesn't like the feeling of responsibility of her ex taking lives and selling drugs.

"You love it though," he spoke following her. She bit her bottom lip to keep from smiling as they walked out the cafeteria and now into the hallways.

No doubt Valentine has thought with her heart and it tells her to be back with Daniel. He's been doing better as a person as far as she could tell but there's too many risk, one being her parents.

"Valentine, why won't you just let things be between us?," Daniel asked, as he tucked his hands in his pockets.

Shrugging, she crossed her arms, "because my parents would kill me, Samuel also has his feelings involved, you could go back to your old ways-,"

"Valentine, one, you eighteen and a senior, 'bout to graduate in a few months meaning ya' parents could have no say so once you graduate. Two, I could give a rats ass 'bout 'dat other nigga. Three, Val, I've been doing my best. Since the counselors say I'm caught up, I've been applying to colleges trying to make sure I got a future for myself. Now I'm trying to have a future with you," He explained as they stopped in front of her locker.