six

Daniel,

Trying not to fall asleep, Valentine continued talking his ears off as they sat in his car. After a few days, Valentine finally got adjusted to the fact that Daniel was actually here.

She continued going on friendly dates with Samuel, and to say she liked him was okay for her, at least for now.

Daniel had plans on getting her back. But, he's playing the friend role to show Valentine that he is there, and he has in fact changed for the better.

"Daniel!" She hit his chest causing him to open his eyes wide, and look at her.

"Hm, luv'?" He mumbled, trying to stay awake. He glanced at the time of his car, and noticed it was 11:37 pm, and they had school in a few hours.

"Are you listening to me?" Shrugging his shoulders, he leaned against the window, as his other hand stayed on her legs that was placed in his lap.

"What I say then?" She challenged, and he smacked his lips.

"Somethin' 'bout animals." She gasped, and laughed.

"I said Samuel, Daniel." Not wanting to hear about Valentines new nigga, Daniel lifted his hoodie placing it on his head.

"I'on give a damn about Shawn. He ain't shit compared to me."

"So much conceit. Jealous much?" He glanced at her, licking his lips.

"Jealous for what baybeh'? Look who you with now." He smirked, only for her to turn her head as she felt her body heat up.

"Daniel be serious. He's actually really nice, and I like him." Rolling his eyes, he gave a dramatic sigh, not really interested in this place she's put him.

The friend zone.

"And I hate him. What ya' want me to do? Play match maker?" He sarcastically asked, causing her to groan at his behavior.

"He's very sweet, and-"

"I'm sweeter." Daniel chuckled.

Frowning at how unreasonable he was being, Valentine started getting an attitude. She took her legs off him, and folded her arms as her lips pouted out.

Daniel glanced at her, and chuckled. "You call yo'self mad or somethin'?"

"Shut up talking to me, Daniel." Rolling her eyes, she looked out the window to see the city lights, and night sky compliment the darkness.

Sighing, he knew what he was doing. He just didn't like Valentine being so comfortable with another guy. Gently grabbing her chin so she could look at him, he leaned on the armrest.

"Look, Val, I'm sorry. A'ight? I just don't like a nigga being with someone I see as mines." He confessed.

Her heart skipped beats hearing him say that she was still his, which she knew, but it still gave her such a feeling.

"Daniel, I don't trust you." Blurting those words was like a smack to his face.

"Shoot a nigga. It would've been less painful." He twisted his lips, as he placed his hands on his car keys.