four

Valentine,

"Gutter, again." She mumbled, as she turned around looking at a smirking Samuel.

"You don't go out much, do you?" She shook her head, and twisted her lips.

He grabbed her bowling ball, and handed it to her. He came behind her, and put his arms around her, holding the ball.

"Okay, focus on your target. You want it to roll straight. Alright?" She nodded, unable to speak.

She hasn't been this close to a guy in a long time, and to say she felt her body warm up was an understatement.

"Okay, now take a deep breath in, then out." She did as he instructed. Feeling his cool breath against her ear, she turned her head to look at him.

"Your focus is on the pins not me." He chuckled in her ear, causing her to blush at the moment.

"Okay. Now slowly walk up, swing your arm back then forward and let it go." She did as instructed and just like that she got s strike.

"Yes! Did you see that!" She squealed jumping up and down at her accomplishment.

"Finally scored something." He laughed at her childish behavior, and grabbed her waist calming her down.

"Thanks." She finally settled. Noticing how close their faces were, she backed away, and sat down.

"Valentine, can I ask you something?" Peeking up, she gave him her undivided attention as he sat down next to her.

"Sure."

"I've noticed how tense you are, so who stole your heart and got you so skeptical." He nudged her with his shoulder, causing her to give him a small smile.

"Not trying to be rude, Samuel, but I don't like talking about my personal business. Especially since I don't know you well." He nodded his head, and respected her for that.

"I like that you're low key and doing you." He honestly did. He didn't like the fact that some people would say their business and make themselves open to anybody. He liked people who had sense.

"Thanks. Uh, it's past eight. Mind taking me home?"

Valentine was surprisingly enjoying her time but she felt guilty that she was on a date with some other guy. Scratching his head, Samuel nodded started taking off his bowling shoes.

"I'll take them for you." He grabbed her shoes, and she rubbed her thighs, watching him walk off.

Biting her bottom lip, she had to admit she was having fun with Samuel but she knew it would be temporary. Nothing against him but she does have a tendency of pushing people away.

Unknown: You shouldn't have went on that date. - 8:59pm

Frowning she looked around for any signs of Cornelius, and put her attention back on the phone.

"Hey." Jumping out her seat, she calmed down once she saw it was Samuel.

"Woah, my bad. I ain't mean to scare you." Chuckling at how ridiculous she was being, she let out a sigh.

"Sorry. Just a little jumpy."

"Well, ready to go?" Nodding, she grabbed her bag, and they walked side by side. He opened her car door, and she gladly sat down thanking him, and closed the door.