Chapter 38: The Last Game

Start from the beginning

"Did you cast it on Y/n too?"

"No, that was James."

Remus and Y/n were giving us both death stares. James and I both undid the spell because they were hungry. They continued eating and gave us dirty looks in the process. I looked over at James and snickered.

_____

Day by day, practice became more intense and lengthy for the game because if Gryffindor wins this game, they win the Quidditch Cup. James has been chasing a Quidditch Cup title for the longest time. He deserves it, he's an amazing captain and player. He hasn't been spending too much time with me but it's okay, I understand. He already apologized for it ahead of time and promised that after the game, he'd spend as much time with me as possible.

Finally, it was the night before the last game. I saw James alone in the Common Room, he looked stressed. He had his face in his hands and was breathing heavily.

"James, are you alright."

"No not really, I know it's just a sport but Quidditch is like my life. We have to win tomorrow."

"James, I understand. Our team is really good though, I know we can win tomorrow, what team are we playing again?"

"Hufflepuff. Surprisingly, they have a really good team this season, usually they're really bad though. They beat both Slytherin and Ravenclaw this season."

"Well whatever happens I know you'll play the best you can, I believe in you, James. Get some rest, you'll need it for tomorrow when you annihilate Hufflepuff tomorrow."

He chuckled, "goodnight love."

"Goodnight, James."

_____________

~~~~~•James POV•~~~~~

The game is going to start soon. My last Quidditch game at Hogwarts. Remus is the announcer for this game, Lily, Marlene, and Peter are right next to him. Y/n, Sirius, and I are Chasers. Frank and Alice are Beaters, Dorcas is a Keeper, and this boy who's name I forgot. I'm not good with names.

"Lockhart I suggest you stop staring at my girlfriend before I go over there, don't you dare think I forgot what you did."

"Mister Lupin, please don't be like Mister Black."

"Sorry, Professor McGonagall, I'll try."

Y/n looked over at him and smiled. Hufflepuff had the ball first, they quickly scored on us.

"10-0! Come on Gryffindor, win this bloody thing!"

Snape was in the stands with a sign that said "Y/n sucks." If he's talking about Remus I guess that's true. Hehe, nice one James. I got the ball, passed it to Y/n, who then passed it to Sirius who scored.

"YES! THAT'S RIGHT HUFFLEPUFF! SUCK IT! 10-10!"

"Mister Lupin."

"Sorry Professor, I'm a fan of Y/n and the team."

"I can see that."

Hufflepuff scored four more on us.

"50-10! COME ON GRYFFINDOR ARE YOU LIONS OR... OR... DAMN I CAN'T THINK OF A WORD."

"How about pussies."

"MISS EVANS!"

"Sorry Professor."

Y/n scored two more and I scored two more. Hufflepuff ended up scoring five more on us.

"100-50! Y/N COME ON I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! YOU TOO JAMES AND SIRIUS! WIN THE BLOODY GAME!"

They scored again and again. It was hopeless.

"200-50 bloody hell.... WAIT IS THAT THE GOLDEN SNITCH?! GO FOR IT!"

Y/n and Sirius gave me a hopeful glance. We have to score and keep them from scoring. They were about to score another one on us but Sirius intercepted it and passed it to me. I scored. Hufflepuff scores again. Y/n passed it to Sirius who scored.

"THE SNITCH HAS BEEN CAUGHT! GRYFFINDOR WINS THE GAME 220-210! SUCK IT, ALL OF YOU WHO WENT AGAINST GRYFFINDOR AND MY DARLING Y/N CAN SUCK IT!"

"MISTER LUPIN!"

We did it. We've won our last game. Our team was crying tears of joy. Lily, Marlene, Remus, and Peter were screaming in the Announcer's box. Snape tipped his sign and yelled out.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Dumbledore shook the whole team's hands and gave me the Quidditch Cup trophy. It was beautiful. I could see the team's glory and victory reflected on the trophy. It all feels surreal, amazing, like a dream I never want to wake up from.

Author's Note: After this chapter there will only be two chapters left, thank you for all the support. Also, there is going to be a sequel to this called 'I Solemnly Swear,' no prequel though, anything I skipped or anything between years 1-5 that I want to put in will be covered in the sequel by flashbacks. I'm also going to be making a Peter Parker x reader, the first chapter will probably come out shortly after this ends. Thanks for reading.