Play-off Game and After Party

I ran through the halls Monday morning. I wasn't late per se, but I was later than usual. I wanted to have enough time at my locker so that I would have a chance to talk to KJ. Don't get me wrong, I realize that Friday was probably a one-time deal, but I was still hoping that maybe he would be nice today.

Surprisingly it was just KJ at the lockers when I got there. He was standing in front of my locker smirking at me. I rolled my eyes at him and he laughed, taking a step to the side.

"I had to tease you. You talk a big game but you're so short. It's like watching midgets try to get violent."

"Mhmm. I'm not that short. I can hold my own if I need to, I just prefer not to actually fight."

He laughed. "Oh yeah? Gonna break a nail or something?"

I scoffed, "Hilarious. I don't even have nails. I bite them too much. No, I just don't like fighting. I'd rather settle things calmly."

He nodded, still smiling at me. "So, did you enjoy your weekend?"

I smiled and felt a blush cover my cheeks. "I did. More than I expected to. Thank you for that."

"Did you have a good enough time that you'll come back out after Fridays game?" He asked with a smile and hope in his voice.

Omgomgomg, play it cool izzy, play it cool! "Is that an invitation?" Too cool, too cool! He's gonna think I'm too much. Oh god no...

"For sure."

Too good to be true. They won't believe me when I tell them. "Yeah, I'll definitely be there." I smiled and probably blushed a little bit. The warning bell rang through the halls. "I gotta go, but I'll see ya later."

He nodded and we headed our separate ways. The whole way to class I thought about what just happened. I just agreed to go to the Friday night party. That I was invited to. By KJ. Scarlet wasn't going to believe this!

The rest of the day, and the whole week dragged by. Minutes felt like hours. Classes couldn't finish fast enough. Can you say TGIF? I changed from my school clothes into some shorts and a tank top for the football game. I put on some eye liner and threw half my hair up. I was looking myself over in the mirror when Mikey barged in.

"Are you ready yet? We have to meet Jesse before we go to the game. Do we have to get Ally?" He waited impatiently at the door.

"I'm ready. No, she's not going. She has to study for a test with Brooke." I grabbed my phone and slipped on my skater shoes. No, I don't skate. They're just comfortable. Get over it.

"Ha, study...yeah. Whatever, let's go shorty." He threw an arm over me and smiled. I glared but followed him anyway.

I met Scar at the concession stand while the guys found seats. We gushed about going to the party later. She was excited that Jesse asked her to the party. She was planning to sneak him upstairs before the night was over, poor guy. I was just hoping this wasn't a joke, and that I would have a good time like last week.

I'll be honest, I really only come to games to run around with friends. I don't know anything about football, and I can hardly keep track of the stupid ball that isn't even shaped like a ball. So by half time we were leading 15-11. I was mostly gossiping with Scar and Mikey, but I watched the cheerleaders. After half time, I noticed the lovely Jennifer glaring my way whenever she could. I don't wanna know. I won't let her ruin this for me. I rolled my eyes and stopped watching them.