Party

I took a deep breath before opening the door that separated me from the party. I walked into a small foyer that opened directly to the massive living room with a hundred kids grinding on each other to the booming music. The room was dark but there was a strobe light going with different colored lights.

I don't know how this happened. I don't know how I let myself be talked into making some sort of statement at this party. I wouldn't haven shown up at all if it wasn't such a big deal. I stood at the doorway taking everything in before moving. I wore a royal blue cami under my leather jacket, white jeans with tears down the front, and black knee-high boots. Scar did my make up all elaborate, well elaborate for me. Winged eyeliner, mascara, a dark smoky eye and bright red lipstick. My hair surrounded my face in loose waves with my bangs straight.

I held my head high even though all I wanted to do was crawl under a rock and hide for the rest of forever. I scanned the room for my friends. When I found Scar, I walked through the crowd like I owned the place. Long deliberate strides, hiding my insecurities as heads turned to stare at me. Scarlett was standing with the queen bitch of our grade, Jennifer. She also happened to be KJ's girlfriend. On again and off again of course. The girl couldn't keep her legs closed and he couldn't keep it in his pants. Jennifer, being the queen she was, had on a tight and short black dress with red stilettos. Her blonde hair in perfect tight curls.

Her hair wouldn't dare frizz on her like mine will in a matter on minutes.

"Scar!" I yelled to be heard, leaning in to giver her a tight hug and a smile. When I pulled away my face dropped. "Jennifer," my tone went flat.

Scar gave me a warning glare. I had promised I'd behave at the party. No running away and no stirring up drama. She smiled after a minute, "You look great Izzy! You'll snag a man tonight for sure."

Jennifer looked me up and down. Sizing up the competition? I mean hardly, it's not like I actually wanted to participate, let alone 'snag a man' as Scar so lightly put it. "Hi Isabella. Almost didn't recognize you all dolled up. Nice."

"It's Izzy," I corrected before turning to Scar. "I'm getting a drink. I'll find you later." I walked to the kitchen to find something strong to build my confidence. Have I mentioned how much I hate parties yet? The kitchen wasn't nearly as crowded but the few that were in there were not ones I wanted to mingle with. Maybe they won't recognize me. This isn't exactly a school look.

I started making myself a drink, analyzing my surroundings as I did so. KJ was sitting on the counter with his football buddies standing with him. His short brown hair was spiked, not hiding any of his perfectly shaped face as he looked down at his friends and laughed at something or other. I quickly put all my focus on my drink when he looked up and noticed me looking at them.

He jumped off the counter and made his way over to me. He leaned against the counter next to me, a little too close to invading my personal space, looking me up and down. Why does everyone keep doing that? It's not like I'm wearing a skimpy ass dress and showing off my body. "That drink must be really interesting." He smirked when I looked up, smart ass.

"Very. Much more interesting than you bragging to your fellow teammates how you got lucky and scored the winning touch down against last weeks team. Everyone knows KJ, we were all there too."

He raised his brows in shock. "Is that so?" I nodded, taking a big gulp of the drink I made. Maybe I'll be able to tolerate him by the time I hit the bottom of this drink... "Don't you go to my school?" he was looking me over curiously, trying to place a name to my face.

I told you I don't get out much.

I rolled my eyes and smacked his head. "Kaden Jones you twit, I've had a locker between you and James since we hit middle school. No shit I go to your school."

His eyes widened in surprise and then recognition. "Izzy! Jesus girl, I didn't even recognize you!"

"Obviously"

"You're actually at a party? What brought you out?"

I signed heavily and rolled my eyes. Growing bored of the fakeness of this entire night. This isn't me. I do not party. "You know as well as everyone that this is basically a mandatory party. I don't exactly enjoy being the center of gossip. No matter how many times I've had the misfortune of having my name thrown around the school." I dropped my gaze to my drink, swirling the liquid inside my plastic cup.

He just looked at me, as if all the rumors ever told about me ran through his head and he was deciding which were real or made up. He suddenly held out his hand, "dance with me?"

I looked from his hand to his face. Without thinking I nodded and put my hand in his. We smiled at each other before he turned to pull me in the direction of the living room. I downed my drink quickly as we walked, tossing it in the can as we passed it. Please let me not make a fool of myself. I've worked too hard to ruin it now.

We reached the center of the crowd and he turned to face me, still holding my hand. I looked up at him to find reassurance and courage. I could see only his face and hear only the booming music. He smiled at me and waited for me to dance with him. A blush crept up my cheeks and I closed my eyes, looking away.

I started swaying my hips to the music, my head nodding to the beat. I trailed hands up his arms to his chest, then dragged them slowly down his body. I turned around and put my back against his chest, his hands immediately coming to rest on my hips. I pressed against him and put my hands over his. I got lost in the music, hardly even noticing KJ standing behind me. I might not sleep with everyone but I'm not a prude. I'm slightly a tease, but all in good fun. I lifted an arm to run through his hair, holding him to me. I pressed my ass against him, running my fingers through his hair and resting at his neck. I could hear him chuckle in my ear, his face nudging my neck.

"Having a good time?" he breathed into my ear. I smirked and nodded. "I bet you wish you would have come to a party sooner, huh?" I looked at him and my smirk widened into a full smile and I laughed out loud.

"I must admit, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be." I bit my lip and batted my eyes up at him. "You're not so bad to be around either."

KJ smiled, his brows raised and eyes shining with humor. "Oh yeah? Is that right?" He laughed and lightly brushed his nose against my cheek. I giggled, yes giggled. I was actually enjoying myself. So obviously that was the perfect time for Queen Bitch to interrupt.

"Eh-ehm." Jennifer made her presence known. I was ripped from my own little world and back into the real. The one where KJ had a girlfriend and she was standing right in front of us. "Enjoying all the party has to offer, I see."

I tried to pull away from him but he held me tight, both of my hands held his firmly at my waist. I gripped KJ's hands tightly, "Jennifer. Enjoying the free booze, I see."

"Hello Jen. What gives us the pleasure of seeing you over here?" KJ's tone was sarcastic. I wonder who did what to cause this now.