Chapter 1

(DISCLAIMER: I do not own criminal minds or any of its characters)

"Hey Spence." JJ called as she walked past him, carrying a small pile of cases in her arms. He waves at her, a smile reaching his lips, his other hand gripping his messenger bag tightly.

He sat down at his desk, a small pile of papers on it. He sighed and decided to get started on it.

"Pretty boy." Morgan called, dragging the syllables in the words. Reid rolled his eyes and looked up at him. "How you doing?" Derek asked, ruffling Reid's hair gently.

It was great now. Spencer reacted well to touch now, it had taken a few months but he got there. Reid hadn't been allowed on cases either, but today he was able to.

"I'm good." He smiled up at the dark man that loomed above him.

"That's always good, you excited for the case today?"

"Of course, it'll be good to get out of the office." Morgan smiled down at Spencer before heading back to his desk.

It wasn't long before JJ called for them to go to the conference room. Emily, Morgan and Spencer headed up together, Rossi and Hotch a few steps behind them. Once they were all comfortable in the chairs that surrounded the table, Penelope got started.

"Last night, a family of five were murdered in their home." Penelope Garcia pressed some buttons on her remote to bring up the crime scene photos, "As you can see, their throats have been cut and their are handcuff marks on their wrists."

"The parents were Amy Marshall, Darren Marshall and they had three kids, two twin boys, Hayden and Joel who were seventeen and their fifteen year old daughter Maya." JJ continued, gesturing towards the screen with her pen.

"Any signs of forced entry?" Morgan asked.

"No there weren't." JJ replied.

"So either they knew the Unsub or he was expected." David contemplated.

"That's why we need to move quickly, wheels up in twenty." Aaron told them. They all started to pack up their files and cases. "Oh and Garcia, you need to come with us on this one." She nodded and went to get her stuff ready.

0_0

"SWAT isn't here yet Hotch." JJ started to get antsy, her and the team were waiting outside of the unsub's house.

"We don't have time JJ, come on. Reid, Morgan, Emily take the back door, Me, JJ and Rossi will take the front." Hotch said to them. They all moved into their positions.

The six of them went into the house. Their guns were up and they were ready for anything. Morgan and his group took upstairs while Hotch and his group took the downstairs.

Each member of Morgan's group took their own room. Emily and Morgan shouting clear behind them as they checked out the rooms. Spencer rounded the corner of his room, holding his gun up high. It was quite a big bedroom, so he traveled further and further into it.

"Morgan, where's Reid?" Emily asked as they made their way down the stairs to join the rest of the team.

"He was still upstairs." He looked behind him. "I think he's still checking out his room." They shrugged it off and carried on.

Spencer heard the door slam behind him. He jumped and turned around but no one was there. He moved towards it slowly and put his hand on the door knob. He braced himself and twisted it. There was nothing there. He sighed and started to leave the room but a strong arm wrapped around his torso, pulling his arms to his side. He dropped his gun and tried to shout but his mouth was instantly covered by a cloth.

Spencer smelt the chemical that was on it and fought back more but he knew it wasn't any use. He felt himself get sleepier and sleepier but tried to keep his eyes open. Just before he passed out he heard his team shout and two gunshots. Tears rolled down his cheeks before he slipped into a deep sleep.